Linden Lab Official talk:Alternate Viewers
Why don't LL create a 64-bit viewer? A lot of people use 64-bit Windows, but System Requirements still contains "32 bit only"! I will buy a new computer soon, and I'd like to continue to enjoy SL, but I want a good computer with a lot of memory and 64-bit Windows as well. —The preceding unsigned comment was added on 2011-02-10 04:30 by Andreew Zepp
- The official Viewer, although a 32-bit binary, works (and is supported) on 64-bit Windows. The System Requirements page is out of date, see Linden Lab Official:Windows 7.
- --Boroondas Gupte 14:53, 10 February 2011 (PST)
XMPP Viewer section may be removed since XMPP is not going to be tested anymore. --oobscure 17:43, 13 May 2011 (PDT)
- Aw. That's so sad to hear :( Why are the coolest things in the SL viewer always being deprecated? — Gwyneth Llewelyn (talk) 13:56, 4 February 2023 (PST)
v1.23 Needs security warning
yes it states that it hasn't been updated since 2009, but there is no convenient place to know if an how many security patches it has missed, (hint, more than a few). it really needs a warning label if retained as is.
-- Void (talk|contribs) 18:23, 18 May 2011 (PDT)
- - On Jan 5 2012, Dessie Linden has deleted of this document the download of the 1.23 viewer. Sic transit gloria mundi LOL Irene Muni 09:11, 10 January 2012 (PST)
Direct Delivery Development Latest Build
The bitbucket-url is a dead link (Direct Delivery Development Latest Build). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by MartinRJ Fayray
Path Finder Viewer for Windows not up?
"Pathfinding is awesome. Go have fun!"
I'd love to give this ago! But the Windows link to this version loads up an Access Denied error only one available to download is the Linux .jar version
Materials viewer is dangeroes!!!
As Oz Linden explained the Materials project viewer has a chance of destroying your stuff, so there needs to be a warning added to it until that issue is fixed. --Storm Engineer 20:19, 17 April 2013 (PDT)
- Still no warning... can someone please do it, who was permission to edit the page? --Storm Engineer 07:32, 25 May 2013 (PDT)
- Well, in the meantime, a decade later, things have been fixed, so it'd be pointless to make any warnings now :-) — Gwyneth Llewelyn (talk) 13:58, 4 February 2023 (PST)