Jump to navigation Jump to search
Avatar | Bug Fixes | Communication | Community | Glossary | Land & Sim | Multimedia | Navigation | Object | Video Tutorials | Viewer | Wiki | Misc
Simulator, which can mean either:
- Sim node (or sim host), the physical server machine simulating one or more regions.
- Sim processes, the processes running on the server machines that simulate regions.
The latter usage is more precise, because multiple processes may run on a single server CPU. In common usage, "sim" may also be used to mean region, though this meaning is deprecated because it is ambiguous. Most accurately, a region is simulated by a sim process running on a sim node.
Definitions by Lil Linden
From Beta Server Office Hours 2010.02.12
- Sim means sim host, or the hardware
- Simulator is the binary that runs on the sim hosts
- Regions run in the simulator