User talk:Zai Lynch/Public Suggestion Box/VTeam Bot
(Nice write up Zai!!) This project is one I had been looking at for awhile and also talked with Zai about. The Q&A group invites would work well if done this way. Some of the roles: Greeter, Scribe, Coach, Buddy would benefit from this "instant" add process. Linguist may be better left to survey since it tends to require more follow up. The Apprentice group roles: VTeam will need to talk about what would be best for that. I will follow up with Enus Linden on this project in about 2 weeks. I will update more here then.
- This would be Linden hosted and maintained definately since it is related to an official group
- The ability to contact those in certain roles only, would greatly help intergroup communication.
- A saved database of activity would be needed for sure
- A confirmation message given to those who receive a role would be valuable. Many do not realize they actually have the role.
Lexie Linden 11:10, 25 June 2008 (PDT)
- Thankies (^_^)
- Yuss, the confirmation message is a great idea! I'll add it to the description =)
- Question to discuss with VTeam/Enus about the database: InWorld or WebBased? Pros of InWorld -> It's scriptable via LSL. Con's: Data storage is limited to script sizes (scripts can't write in notecards. Bots can, tho. But I'm not sure how hard it is to implement.). Pro of WebBased: Easy access possible from anywhere. Con's: WebServer needed and some PHP scripting.
- Greetz, Zai Lynch(talk|contribs) 11:52, 25 June 2008 (PDT)
- Hey Enus is pretty busy cirrently, working less on LLQABots and more on Pyogp so I am not sure how much he could contribute, however I am pretty sure he could do it, with time as he's already got the LLQABots, I think this is a great idea and I also think it should be hosted outside of Second Life. : )
- Meghan Dench 12:28, 2 August 2008 (PDT)
- Yay thx for the feedback! I'm not sure how up-to-date the project is still... *looks at Lexie* But yeah, hosting a database outside of SL would be the best solution in case some PHP wizzard is willing to help. Could have the database communicate with the bot (via email -> object -> bot) even, so it could be maintainable from the web. Depends on how much work people would like to invest... =)
- Greetz, Lynch (talk|contribs) 21:26, 2 August 2008 (PDT)