Viewerhelp:Buying versus renting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Important: This article has been translated. The translation was imported on 26 Apr 2010. Any changes will require re-export for incremental translation.|
There are exceptions to the following, so consult specific situations, but here are some key points:
- Buying happens on the mainland.
- You need to have a Premium account for your land holdings (tier).
- No intermediary Resident is involved.
- Terraforming is limited to +/- four meters and outside of a few other exceptions (like Linden Homes, there's no zoning code, meaning neighbors can build whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate the Community Standards.
- Land rental is available from private region owners.
- You can have a Basic account.
- Obviously, just like in real life, there's no problem if the landlord-tenant relationship is friendly, but there could be a higher risk of conflict.
- Terraforming may be more or less flexible; certain estates are themed and enforce zoning codes, promoting a more cohesive appearance. For example, Arabian desert or futuristic metropolis.
Continue to: How to buy a parcel