Pathfinding in Second Life
From Second Life Wiki
Revision as of 13:09, 16 February 2012 by Jeremy Linden
Pathfinding alpha information
- Pathfinding alpha information - Information and tips on how to test the alpha version of Pathfinding on the Aditi test grid.
Pathfinding API documentation
- Overview of pathfinding - Introduction and overview of pathfinding.
- Pathfinding tutorial - Short "walkthrough" of setting up and using pathfinding. TBD.
- Pathfinding/Alpha release notes - Restrictions, known issues, and so on.
- llCreateCharacter - Convert the current linkset to an AI character. By default, the character's shape will be an upright capsule approximately the size of the linkset, adjustable via the options list. The linkset must use mesh accounting.
- llDeleteCharacter - Convert the current linkset back to a standard object
- llEvade - Causes the character to keep away from the object or avatar identified by the key.
- llExecPathingCmd - Send a command to the pathing system - currently only supports stopping pathing.
- llGetClosestNavPoint - Accepts a point in region-local space and returns either an empty list or a list containing a single vector which is the closest point on the navmesh to the point provided.
- llFleeFrom - Attempt to get at least 'distance' away from 'source' - provided in region-local coordinates.
- llNavigateTo - Navigate to a destination provided in region coordinates. The destination may be in another region.
- llPatrolPoints - Patrol a provided set of points provided as vectors.
- llPursue - Causes the character to chase after the object or avatar identified by the key.
- llUpdateCharacter - Update character properties.
- llWanderWithin - Wander within an area approximately 'scale' in radius centered at 'origin'. Wandering means choosing a random point in the area and navigating to it. After arrival, a new random point will be chosen and navigated to.
- path_update - Informs the script of events that happen within the pathfinding system.