SL Cert - Intermediate Mentoring
- 1 SL Cert - Intermediate Tutoring
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 Audience
- 1.3 Pre-requisites
- 1.4 Criteria
- 1.5 Communications Skillset
- 1.5.1 Thorough knowledge of Linden Lab copyright in Second Life
- 1.5.2 Thorough knowledge of disclosure
- 1.5.3 Dealing with underage residents
- 1.5.4 Dealing with different types of residents
- 1.5.5 Handling yourself at a busy area
- 1.5.6 Counseling frustrated residents about continuing to use Second Life
- 1.6 Technical Skillset
- 1.6.1 Keyboard shortcuts
- 1.6.2 Familiar with multiple viewers
- 1.6.3 Avatar Rendering Cost
- 1.6.4 Diagnostics
- 1.6.5 Console windows
- 1.6.6 Land permissions
- 1.6.7 Voice Chat
SL Cert - Intermediate Tutoring
This is the definition of the abilities one is expected to have for intermediate level tutoring in Second Life.
People and organizations who want to help others.
Must be a minimum of six months of age in Second Life, have passed the Second Life Mentoring - Basic Level exam, and have mentored for a month after passing that exam.
Describe the skills and knowledge necessary to mentor at an intermediate level competently and effectively.
Thorough knowledge of Linden Lab copyright in Second Life
Thorough knowledge of disclosure
Dealing with underage residents
Dealing with different types of residents
Handling yourself at a busy area
Counseling frustrated residents about continuing to use Second Life
Familiar with multiple viewers
Suggestions: Snowglobe 2, Second Life Viewer 2, Emerald, Second Life Viewer 1.23.