SL Cert - Advanced Mentoring
From Second Life Wiki
SL Cert - Advanced Tutoring
These are the requirements for advanced tutoring in Second Life.
People and organizations who want to help others.
- Be at least two years of age
- Have passed both the Basic and Intermediate exams
- Have a sub-specialty at the intermediate level
- Have mentored for six months after passing the Intermediate exam
- Be part of an apprenticeship program for one year
- Have started developing sub-specialties in other certification categories
- Have three recommendations; suggestions are your primary sponsor, a resident in a group with management-level responsibilities, and your immediate supervisor
Describe the skills and knowledge necessary to tutor competently and effectively at an advanced level.
Communications Skill Set
Handling an unruly area on your own
Methods of bringing people over to the Good Side
Technical Skill Set
Advanced knowledge of all menus in the standard interface
Advanced knowledge of the Preferences interface
Understand hardware and networking issues
Know the resources
Be able to research solutions in any of the below areas:
- http://name your search engine