SL Cert - Intermediate Mentoring
- SLCertification is a community project guided by Linden Lab (see FAQ). This project page and its contents are not endorsed, managed or supervised by Linden Lab. Linden Lab may link to this resource in the future solely as an informational service to the Second Life community.
- 1 SL Cert - Intermediate Tutoring
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 Audience
- 1.3 Pre-requisites
- 1.4 Criteria
- 1.5 Communications Skillset
- 1.5.1 Thorough knowledge of Linden Lab copyright in Second Life
- 1.5.2 Thorough knowledge of disclosure
- 1.5.3 Dealing with underage residents
- 1.5.4 Dealing with different types of residents
- 1.5.5 Handling yourself at a busy area
- 1.5.6 Counseling frustrated residents about continuing to use Second Life
- 1.6 Technical Skillset
- 1.6.1 Keyboard shortcuts
- 1.6.2 Avatar Rendering Cost
- 1.6.3 Diagnostics
- 1.6.4 Console windows
- 1.6.5 Land permissions
- 1.6.6 Voice Chat
SL Cert - Intermediate Tutoring
This is the definition of the abilities one is expected to have for intermediate level tutoring in Second Life.
People and organizations who want to help others.
Must be a minimum of six months of age in Second Life, have passed the Second Life Mentoring - Basic Level exam, and have mentored for a month after passing that exam.
Describe the skills and knowledge necessary to mentor at an intermediate level competently and effectively.