Beta Server Office Hours/Minutes/2012-04-05

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

This meeting was held on April 05, 2012


Agenda

Updates

  • Second Life Server Channel
  • We released this week.
    • and there was much rejoicing
  • No new features.
    • This release is focused on internal stability with networking code.
    • Modified existing throttles and caps on network traffic
  • Bug Fixes
    • Several fixes for certain crashmodes involved with SVC-7713 "sim crashes all avatars on sim (dosent restart but crash all viewers) multiple times a day"
  • This was on BlueSteel and LeTigre


  • BlueSteel RC Channel
  • The explicit ban height for parcels is being raised to 5000m. This means that avatars that are explicitly banned from a parcel can not enter them unless they are at least 5000m above ground. This allows high-altitude fly-overs as before, but they must be done at a much higher altitude.
  • Bug Fixes
    • SCR-6 "llGetSubString can produce results that crash Mono scripts"
    • SCR-281 "recent release to agni (12.02.06.248938 I think) breaks llDeleteSubString behaviour."
    • Removed old unused server code.
    • Fixed several server crash modes.
  • This version is on LeTigre as well.




  • Pathfinding Live Beta on AGNI
    • If you have a full region that you own you can apply to have the region added to the public beta
    • email pathfinding-beta@lindenlab.com
    • Include your account name and region you want added to the beta.
    • Please email from the email address on your account
    • We will follow up with you in email.

Upcoming Stuff

  • Kelly talks about his "Hemipterologic Cleansing".

Interesting Stuff

  • Falcon talks about Pathfinding.
  • Simon talks about flight limits.


Transcript

Transcript of Oskar Linden's Server Beta User Group for April 05, 2012:* [15:01] Oskar Linden: hello hello!

  • [15:01] Oskar Linden: how are all of you?
  • [15:01] Lares Carter: Hey Oskar
  • [15:01] Johan Laurasia: What's new Oskar
  • [15:01] Otara3rd: it i dont get
  • [15:01] Sigma Avro: Hello Oskar and Simon
  • [15:01] Johan Laurasia: where are you trying to get to?
  • [15:01] Larre Leborski: Awesome here :-)
  • [15:01] Sigma Avro: and all
  • [15:01] Fancy Greeter: Kelly Linden has arrived!
  • [15:02] Otara3rd: the order of dominion,,,,gat to see someone
  • [15:02] Johan Laurasia: You cannot get there from here, this is a different grid
  • [15:02] Theresa Tennyson: Do you know you're on a testing grid, Otara?
  • [15:03] Rickk Turbo: lo all
  • [15:03] Johan Laurasia: you must restart second life, choose "Agni" from the pull down menu, 2nd choice.
  • [15:03] Oskar Linden: :-D
  • [15:03] Johan Laurasia: It appears he does not Theresa
  • [15:03] Larre Leborski: indeed.. it is a testing grid :-)
  • [15:03] Oskar Linden: nice little turnout today
  • [15:03] Rickk Turbo: indeed full house
  • [15:03] Rickk Turbo: :)
  • [15:03] Otara3rd: oh ok.....but the graphics are cool here
  • [15:04] Larre Leborski: :-)
  • [15:04] Coyot Linden: Everyone came to see you, Oskar
  • [15:04] Johan Laurasia: you're welcome to explore here too, but you must understand this is a different grid than the main one, and is only a testing area.
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: well here is the agenda: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: I am going to go ahead and get started
  • [15:04] Miguael Liamano: phew i'm on time
  • [15:05] Coyot Linden: heh
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: :-)
  • [15:05] Miguael Liamano: Hello all ^^
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: good news!
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: we made a release to main channel this week
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: !!!!!!
  • [15:05] Coyot Linden: \o/
  • [15:05] Otara3rd: so you can't teleport anywhere right
  • [15:05] Oskar LindenOskar Linden listens to the stunned silence
  • [15:05] Miguael Liamano: LOLLE
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: we've had a rough patch
  • [15:05] Kallista Destiny: faints
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: but we took advantage of it
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: to test some long term grid stability
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: overall everything looks really good
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: much greater stability after the rebalancing
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: it's pretty awesome
  • [15:06] SonicAnd Miles: :)
  • [15:06] Coyot Linden: +10^23
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: amazingly
  • [15:06] Miguael Liamano: Hopefully it goes effectively long erm
  • [15:06] Sigma AvroSigma Avro dreaming on long term grid stability
  • [15:06] Larre Leborski: :-)
  • [15:06] Gooden Uggla: it's good to see something on the agenda again :)
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: we're still working on a blog post with the details
  • [15:06] Miguael Liamano: \o/
  • [15:06] Homeless: sounds like it will be a LONG post!
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: we promoted the code that was on BlueSteel and LeTigre last week
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: with the network code stability
  • [15:07] Gooden Uggla: my biggest fear is that the LAB will announce "it's all fixed, you're on your own!"
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: and modified traffic throttles
  • [15:07] Sigma Avro: what does that mean "network stability" ?
  • [15:07] Miguael Liamano: ((quite interesting. I bought this helmet this morning, like 1h ago, an minus a surplus AO and a missing sword, i've been synced already :o))
  • [15:07] Johan Laurasia: "it's all fixed..." lol
  • [15:07] Homeless: and traffic throttles?
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: most important were some fixes for SVC-7713
  • [15:08] Rex Cronon: hello everybody
  • [15:08] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-7713] sim crashes all avatars on sim (dosent restart but crash all viewers) multiple times a day https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7713
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: if you guys have any questions about that you should ask simon now
  • [15:08] Sigma Avro: what does that mean "network stability" ?
  • [15:08] Simon Linden: Less crashing :)
  • [15:08] Lucia Nightfire: its not fully fixed, but most of it was addressed
  • [15:08] Maestro Linden: Sigma, without going into specifics, it's to prevent some types of DoS attacks from griefers
  • [15:08] Homeless: what are traffic throttles?
  • [15:08] Gooden Uggla: brutal bug, glad you got it fixed
  • [15:09] Sigma Avro: OK, thnaks Maestro
  • [15:09] Maestro Linden: well, for the most part, it was caused by griefers
  • [15:09] Rex Cronon: is it possible to do something about individual viewer crashing?
  • [15:09] Gooden Uggla: *golf clap for simon*
  • [15:09] Simon Linden: Basically it's trying to keep the network usage in balance, even when the demands are not ... a ton of "online" checks shouldn't mess up the asset system, for example
  • [15:09] Johan Laurasia: yeah, ban that user...lol
  • [15:09] Sigma Avro: I recomment <0,0,0> be no object entry
  • [15:09] Miguael Liamano: Traffic throttles are mechanisms in place to avoid network saturation by limiting speed and/or quantity of data that is transmitted
  • [15:09] Rickk Turbo: any viewer in particular?
  • [15:09] Rex Cronon: like the sim not sending borked data?
  • [15:10] Simon Linden: The problems we saw were not associated with any specific viewer
  • [15:11] Homeless: I was online with 2 accounts, 1 w/ v3, the other with v1.23. both got clobbered at the same time. (a while back)
  • [15:11] Sigma Avro: Looks great anyway
  • [15:11] Rex Cronon: what would be even better is if the users could set their own filters for incoming data:)
  • [15:12] Miguael Liamano: Mhm. Is there a way to contact the QA team for web profiles? I found a nasty desing bug
  • [15:13] Oskar Linden: heh
  • [15:13] Oskar Linden: can you file a jira?
  • [15:13] Oskar Linden: that's the best way to tell us about bugs
  • [15:13] Miguael Liamano: I could..
  • [15:13] Oskar Linden: awesome..
  • [15:13] Miguael Liamano: I filed sevaral though, and none has been resolved yet..
  • [15:13] MartinRJ: *sighs* there should be a UG meeting with the web team
  • [15:13] Oskar Linden: doesn't mean we aren't working on them
  • [15:13] Gooden Uggla: web guys = 3 months minimum
  • [15:14] Miguael Liamano: fair enough.
  • [15:14] Oskar Linden: so on to the RC's
  • [15:14] Oskar Linden: we have new code on BlueSteel and LeTigre
  • [15:14] Oskar Linden: we changed the ban height for parcels
  • [15:14] Gooden Uggla: .-'`'-. APPLAUSE APPLAUSE .-'`'-.
  • [15:14] Oskar Linden: we fixed SCR-6
  • [15:14] Flame of Jira: [#SCR-6] llGetSubString can produce results that crash Mono scripts https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR-6
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: and SCR-281
  • [15:15] Flame of Jira: [#SCR-281] recent release to agni (12.02.06.248938 I think) breaks llDeleteSubstring behaviour. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR-281
  • [15:15] Draconis Neurocam: what is the new height?
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: Removed old unused server code.
  • [15:15] Rickk Turbo: to what height?
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: 5000m
  • [15:15] Gooden Uggla: 5000m
  • [15:15] Draconis Neurocam: woooo
  • [15:15] Homeless: What was the previous height?
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: we fixed some server crash modes
  • [15:15] Larre Leborski: Sweet :-)
  • [15:15] Simon Linden: 128m
  • [15:15] Jonathan Yap: 768 was the previous height(?)
  • [15:15] Homeless: wow!
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: now would be the time to ask questions
  • [15:15] Gooden Uggla: moving it above build limit is a big deal, thanks for that guys
  • [15:15] Simon Linden: oops, sorry, I was thinking of another one
  • [15:16] Flip Idlemind: Wasn't the explicit ban height 1000m?
  • [15:16] Lucia Nightfire: 800
  • [15:16] MartinRJ: 3268
  • [15:16] Larre LeborskiLarre Leborski was hoping for the 5km....
  • [15:16] Jonathan Yap: I saw a related jira that the ban height lines have to be displayed to the new height (right now it's filed under SVC)
  • [15:16] Gooden Uggla: simon that was in 2010
  • [15:17] Lucia Nightfire: SVC-2546
  • [15:17] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-2546] Explicit Ban Altitude of 800m Exploited Under Havok4 - Raise Explicit Ban Altitude from 800m to 4096m https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-2546
  • [15:17] Lucia Nightfire: fixes that
  • [15:17] Simon Linden: Right Jonathan, the viewer doesn't display them high up
  • [15:17] Jonathan Yap: Simon, is that a change that should be made then?
  • [15:18] Maestro Linden: Yes we think so, Jonathan
  • [15:18] Rickk Turbo: could you ban someone no matter what the height?
  • [15:18] Lucia Nightfire: SVC-7804
  • [15:18] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-7804] Banlines need to be extended from 768 meters to 5000 meters now that explicit ban height has been changed. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7804
  • [15:18] Rickk Turbo: couldn't*
  • [15:18] Maestro Linden: also, SCR-243 should be fixed in the pathfinding branch
  • [15:18] Flame of Jira: [#PATHBUG-77] llCastRay returns RCERR_CAST_TIME_EXCEEDED until the sim is rebooted https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR-243
  • [15:18] Lucia Nightfire: yay
  • [15:18] Lucia Nightfire: what was teh cause
  • [15:18] Jonathan Yap: Simon, would you move that jira to VWR then please?
  • [15:19] Miguael Liamano: I wish I could lis the jira I created..
  • [15:19] Simon Linden: That jira just came up, Jonathan.
  • [15:19] Maestro Linden: some resource accounting screwup, Lucia
  • [15:19] Sigma Avro: path find release is ready for main grd ?
  • [15:19] arton Rotaru: are there new limits to CatsRay?
  • [15:19] Maestro Linden: No, it's still in beta
  • [15:19] arton Rotaru: Cast*
  • [15:19] Coyot Linden: lol
  • [15:20] Coyot Linden: I like catsray
  • [15:20] arton Rotaru: ^^
  • [15:20] Maestro Linden: the limits are.. lifted, Arton
  • [15:20] Lucia Nightfire: castray got its resilience doubled a few months ago
  • [15:20] Maestro Linden: though you'll still get that -2 error if the sim performance is too low
  • [15:20] Gooden UgglaGooden Uggla puts in a Jira requesting a ray of Cats
  • [15:20] arton Rotaru: ok, sounds great still
  • [15:20] Draconis Neurocam: make arbitrary cat between two points
  • [15:20] Coyot Linden: Gooden: I think Nyancat has that covered
  • [15:20] Sigma Avro: haha
  • [15:20] Miguael Liamano: XD
  • [15:21] Gooden Uggla: :)
  • [15:22] Oskar Linden: so yeah good stuff
  • [15:22] Oskar Linden: Magnum is still magnum
  • [15:22] Oskar Linden: with the threaded region crossings code
  • [15:22] Theresa TennysonTheresa Tennyson sighs.
  • [15:22] Flip Idlemind: And then next week is the maint-server with llGetAgentList, riiight?
  • [15:22] Oskar Linden: it'll get there
  • [15:22] Kelly Linden: flip dunno about next week
  • [15:23] Oskar Linden: more than likely the threaded region crossing code will get promoted to main channel next week
  • [15:23] Oskar Linden: we'll see
  • [15:23] Lucia Nightfire: is llGetAgentList active on any beta region atm?
  • [15:23] Kelly Linden: lucia: that is on the agenda for later
  • [15:23] Oskar Linden: if you are looking for stuff to do go check out pathfinding
  • [15:23] Oskar Linden: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Pathfinding_Public_Beta
  • [15:23] Oskar Linden: I am sure there are lots of good bugs to be found in there
  • [15:23] Oskar Linden: right maestro?
  • [15:24] Object: Touched.mélange visait à recréer entraîné façon 本項では主にオペラ作品について扱う españolito través alóctona Vårfrukyrkan i Skänninge är en lógico e a emoção à dedução został osadzony w więzieniu rozpoczęła praktykę lekarską Ausmaß der Rotfärbung geschützter На лаціне размаўляла На лаціне размаўляла.
  • [15:24] Rex Cronon: is there a bounty on those bugs;)
  • [15:24] Sigma Avro: arg, spam
  • [15:24] Maestro Linden: Oh, there are plenty
  • [15:24] Johan Laurasia: I was trying to the other day, but recently I get on the beta grid and someone's griefed 1/2 of it.
  • [15:25] Lucia Nightfire: must reall y be an underappreciated griefer if he's resorting to spamming beta grid
  • [15:25] Oskar Linden: pathfinding is on agni now
  • [15:25] Miguael Liamano: I played a bit with it, it's fun. perhaps someone should fix what I haven't yet on the LSL wiki (mainly the DESIRED_SPEED which won't wotk at 50 without specifying the MAX_SPEED (deffaulted at 20)
  • [15:25] Sigma Avro: Could we have a region with editable gropund for path find ?
  • [15:25] Johan Laurasia: cool, I can do more there seeing I can't rez here.
  • [15:25] Sigma Avro: *ground
  • [15:26] Nalates Urriah: Change the wiki... Tarnix
  • [15:26] Miguael Liamano: I'm asking since I don't have a lot of time
  • [15:26] Oskar Linden: I'm not sure allowing the public to edit the ground in the sandboxes will be profitable
  • [15:26] Miguael Liamano: I did a bit
  • [15:27] Sigma Avro: heh, well to find bugs
  • [15:27] Oskar Linden: if you guys need the sandboxes modified ping me on AGNI
  • [15:27] Oskar Linden: I can maybe make a special group perms for a few of you
  • [15:27] Sigma Avro: one absolutly vergin ground would be nice
  • [15:27] Sigma Avro: flat
  • [15:27] Larre Leborski: Indeed.. How high were banlines raised to in BlueSteel and LeTigre?
  • [15:28] Sigma Avro: Thks OL
  • [15:28] Simon Linden: The ban lines (what is drawn on the screen) were not changed
  • [15:28] Simon Linden: The effects of an explicit ban were extended up to 5000m
  • [15:29] Larre Leborski: indeed.. ok.
  • [15:29] Miguael Liamano: sweet
  • [15:29] Nalates Urriah: Are Pathfinders still supposed to stop/turn at water's edge?
  • [15:30] Oskar Linden: sigma the ground in the sandboxes is flat
  • [15:30] Sigma Avro: yes, but already edited with path find characters,; seems to me
  • [15:30] MartinRJ: as speaking about sandboxes: did you know that 'allow everyone to terraform' was removed from the land options, which makes public terraform-sandboxes inpossible
  • [15:30] Maestro Linden: underwater isn't art of the nav mesh, so they shouldn't try to venture there
  • [15:30] Oskar Linden: ok kelly, tell us about "Hemipterologic Cleansing"
  • [15:30] MartinRJ: impossible*
  • [15:31] Maestro Linden: though it's possible that if a character gets very close to the edge of the nav mesh (such as the edge of an elevated walkable platform), they can fall off due to the turn radius when they do an about-face
  • [15:31] Kelly Linden: Hemipterologic Cleansing is the next maintserver AFTER the one on RC now. It is currently in internal QA and on Sandbox Island.
  • [15:31] Kelly Linden: It has some interesting features
  • [15:31] Nalates Urriah: PathTest2 has water traps. Tricyles are piling up in them.
  • [15:31] Kelly Linden: SVC-5488 in the form of list llGetAgentList
  • [15:31] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-5488] llGetRegionAgents() -- returns list of agent keys in the current region https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-5488
  • [15:31] Sigma Avro: Well, I have cases were stange paths are obtained and can't figure why
  • [15:32] Oskar Linden: there we go
  • [15:32] Kelly Linden: SCR-15 PRIM_SLICE
  • [15:32] Flame of Jira: [#SCR-15] Add flag parameter [vector slice] to llSetPrimitiveParams PRIM_TYPE flags PRIM_TYPE_BOX, PRIM_TYPE_CYLINDER, and PRIM_TYPE_PRISM https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR-15
  • [15:32] Kelly Linden: and SVC-680 HTTP_BODY_MAX_LENGTH
  • [15:32] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-680] Increase HTTP Response body size from 2048 to 4096 or larger https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-680
  • [15:32] Draconis Neurocam: oh wow
  • [15:32] Coyot LindenCoyot Linden waits while everyone googles "Hemipterologic"
  • [15:32] Maestro Linden: Yeah, there are steeps slopes near the water. They probably fall in, and then get stuck because they're off the navmesh. Better-scripted characters should die or reset their position in this case
  • [15:32] Draconis Neurocam: how did you get prim slice working without breaking things?
  • [15:32] Kelly Linden: It is a new separate parameter.
  • [15:33] Draconis Neurocam: interesting
  • [15:33] Kelly Linden: It is not part of the existing shape parameters. You can get and set it independently
  • [15:33] Draconis Neurocam: ah, makes sense
  • [15:33] Johan Laurasia: a script should "know when to fold 'em"
  • [15:33] Johan Laurasia: lol
  • [15:33] Sigma Avro: yes, it is a bug to my opinion, lol
  • [15:33] Sigma Avro: I mean some shapes cant be described with normal paramaters
  • [15:33] Johan Laurasia: is there a way via script to determine if you're off the navmesh?
  • [15:34] Flip Idlemind: So what is the significance of the name of the maint-server
  • [15:34] Kelly Linden: HTTP_BODY_MAX_LENGTH will let a script get more data from an external site with llHTTPRequest. LSL script can set it up to 4k and mono scripts can set it up to 16k.
  • [15:35] Kelly Linden: flip: nothing really - that name is just something Simon and I have fun with. In this case it relates to the study of 'true bugs'
  • [15:35] Miguael Liamano: 7
  • [15:35] Miguael Liamano: oops
  • [15:35] Sigma Avro: / 7
  • [15:35] Kelly Linden: And as I said these are on Sandbox Island on aditi.
  • [15:36] Flip Idlemind: Well as long as it has llGetAgentList you can call it anything you want :D
  • [15:36] Oskar Linden: cool
  • [15:36] Lucia Nightfire: so there was no final solution on sort order?
  • [15:36] Kelly Linden: There is no sort order.
  • [15:36] Lucia Nightfire: I know...
  • [15:36] Kelly Linden: You can sort the returned list if you wish
  • [15:37] Sigma Avro: lol
  • [15:37] Kelly Linden: :)
  • [15:37] Lucia Nightfire: with the option of limiting the return it would have ben nice to have an in-sim time sort out
  • [15:37] Kelly Linden: There is no longer an option to limit the return
  • [15:37] Kelly Linden: Sorry, I should elaborate since the definition did change from when it was first mentioned
  • [15:38] Kelly Linden: list llGetAgentList(integer scope, list options) - returns up to 100 keys for the residents in the region limited by scope.
  • [15:38] Kelly Linden: Scope is AGENT_LIST_PARCEL, AGENT_LIST_PARCEL_OWNER and AGENT_LIST_REGION
  • [15:39] Lucia Nightfire: heh, so it changed since I last saw it
  • [15:39] Sigma Avro: ah, by parcel also, that is nice
  • [15:39] Larre Leborski: Indeed.. so this ban height limit only affects explicit bans, not "allow public Access" types of bans. am I getting that right?
  • [15:39] Kelly Linden: While there are no options now, in the event that the limit on agents in a region is raised above 100 an option will be added to enable getting a larger returned list.
  • [15:39] Simon Linden: That is correct, Larre
  • [15:39] Larre Leborski: ok.
  • [15:40] Theresa TennysonTheresa Tennyson mutters "Or you'd see stuck airplanes like raisins all over."
  • [15:40] Lucia Nightfire: we already see stuck boats, planes and cars
  • [15:40] Lucia Nightfire: lol
  • [15:40] Larre Leborski: :-)
  • [15:40] Sigma Avro: meteorites are comming soon
  • [15:41] Lucia Nightfire: I think those are from region crossings though
  • [15:41] Lucia Nightfire: failed region crossings
  • [15:41] Fancy Greeter: Falcon Linden has arrived!
  • [15:41] Larre Leborski: perhaps yea.. there is a place that I have on a region border that has an airplane stuck in the air.
  • [15:41] Theresa Tennyson: Ban lines are bad juju for pilots.
  • [15:42] Larre Leborski: well, its a neighbor's place :-)
  • [15:42] Kallista Destiny: Keyy, I don't see a point in atrificaly limitiing the ize of the lit, It hould be haowver many people are in the region... If the maz number in a region is increased the size of the potential list should go up.
  • [15:42] Sigma Avro: hello Falcon,
  • [15:42] Sigma Avro: :)
  • [15:42] Larre Leborski: Hi Falcon :-)
  • [15:42] Lucia Nightfire: I would think non-public access is bad for planes
  • [15:42] Lucia Nightfire: at least low fliers
  • [15:43] Rex Cronon: i don't think that if u ban somebdy u want them to fly over your head
  • [15:43] MartinRJ Fayray: kallista's keyboard needs some Hemipterologic Cleansing
  • [15:43] Coyot Linden: heh
  • [15:43] Larre Leborski: Indeed.
  • [15:43] Kallista Destiny: Yes I;m looking for my air can as we speak
  • [15:44] Falcon Linden: Hey folks
  • [15:44] Rex Cronon: hi falcon
  • [15:44] Homeless: Hi Falcon!
  • [15:44] Rickk Turbo: lo
  • [15:44] Falcon Linden: Oskar, is this open chat time or are we on an agenda?
  • [15:45] Oskar Linden: once we're ready to wrap up Simon has a test he wants to run
  • [15:45] Falcon Linden: (I must not be feeling well if I'm actually asking...)
  • [15:45] Reverie-by BUR - "Amanda" whispers: Lights ON
  • [15:45] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: HEH
  • [15:45] Gooden Uggla: there was an agenda today!
  • [15:45] Kallista Destiny: Oh Joy
  • [15:45] Kelly Linden: Kallista: I do not want a scenario where increasing the max number of agents in a region, potentially drastically, would suddenly cause scripts that worked fine before to run out of memory due to manipulating larger lists. Already 100 keys is significant for an LSL script.
  • [15:45] Oskar Linden: simon do you want to run the test now or after people hound falcon with questions
  • [15:45] Flip Idlemind: Is it one of those tests where we jump around and play random gestures?
  • [15:45] Flip Idlemind: Cuz Im great at that!
  • [15:45] Jonathan Yap: Does the new ban line height apply both to individuals and to when the parcel is made non-public access?
  • [15:45] arton Rotaru: good point kelly
  • [15:45] Rickk Turbo: test?
  • [15:45] Simon Linden: Let's let them hound Falcon first. I'm not sure how many will survivie the test
  • [15:46] Johan Laurasia: Do I need a #2 pencil?
  • [15:46] Sigma Avro: oh yees that is true Kelly
  • [15:46] Falcon Linden: simon: awesome :P
  • [15:46] Kallista Destiny: OK I understand your point, thanks kelly
  • [15:46] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: lol Simon. :p
  • [15:46] Falcon Linden: So, pathfinding
  • [15:46] Falcon Linden: Two announcements:
  • [15:46] Homeless: Are we going to pile into a bus and cross sim crossings?
  • [15:46] Rex Cronon: we might not survive it?
  • [15:46] Theresa Tennyson: I can take one on my bike.
  • [15:46] Coyot Linden: FALCON PUNCH!
  • [15:47] Oskar Linden: go for it
  • [15:47] Oskar Linden: Falcon is all yours
  • [15:47] Oskar LindenOskar Linden steps back
  • [15:47] SonicAnd Miles: o.O
  • [15:47] Falcon Linden: 1) This evening we are planning (barring unforeseen problems) to roll a new sim version to the pathfinding regions on agni
  • [15:48] Falcon Linden: it should improve performance a little (not a ton, I suspect), but more importantly contains a number of crash fixes and similar fixes
  • [15:48] Coyot Linden: \o/
  • [15:48] Falcon Linden: 2) In about an hour, (say 5 or 5:30 PDT), the bleeding edge pathfinding viewer will be available
  • [15:48] Nalates Urriah: \o/
  • [15:48] Falcon Linden: the link is here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Pathfinding_Public_Beta#Pathfinding_Project_Viewer under "Bleeding-edge builds..."
  • [15:49] Maestro Linden: well, there's always *a* bleeding-edge build
  • [15:49] Falcon Linden: Note the current build 252475, so you're looking for the next one
  • [15:49] Maestro Linden: what's so special about the new one?
  • [15:49] Johan Laurasia: hot off the presses
  • [15:49] Falcon Linden: completely different way of rendering the navmesh and objects
  • [15:49] Falcon Linden: oh, and it works. :P
  • [15:49] Coyot Linden: Note the ordering
  • [15:49] Falcon Linden: well, it solved a few bugs that were annoying me.
  • [15:49] Johan Laurasia: lol
  • [15:49] Falcon Linden: You should be able to use it to play in the sandboxes
  • [15:49] Padfoot Waffle: O_O
  • [15:49] SonicAnd Miles: :)
  • [15:50] Nalates Urriah: Is the no-Navmesh with HUD attached fixed?
  • [15:50] Falcon Linden: Please test, report, etc.
  • [15:50] Johan LaurasiaJohan Laurasia notates... "works... secondary consideration"
  • [15:50] Falcon Linden: Nal: I think so? Maestro, can you confirm?
  • [15:50] Maestro Linden: hmm
  • [15:50] Maestro Linden: no-HUD with navmesh, you mean?
  • [15:51] Sigma Avro: well, I had no issue with this actually. What was the issue ?
  • [15:51] Maestro Linden: I can see an opaque hud while viewing the nav mesh..
  • [15:51] Nalates Urriah: I'll try it and see. -- If one wears a HUD Navmesh would not show. The screen would just go greay
  • [15:51] Nalates Urriah: gray
  • [15:51] Maestro Linden: I can see a semitransparent HUD as well
  • [15:51] Falcon Linden: Nal: I believe we think it's fixed but it may have regressed. QA hasn't tested that fix on the latest build yet. Give it a go and see what happens! :)
  • [15:51] Maestro Linden: oh
  • [15:51] Nalates Urriah: :)
  • [15:52] Maestro Linden: yeah I don't see that problem with a recent viewer
  • [15:52] Falcon Linden: Oh, I think there is one known issue
  • [15:52] Falcon Linden: which is that once you display a character walkability heatmap, you have to close and reopen the floater before you can toggle other layers...or something like that
  • [15:52] Nalates Urriah: I was just using Second Life 3.3.2 (252475) Mar 29 2012 15:23:48 (Project Viewer - Pathfinding) it had the problem.
  • [15:52] MartinRJ: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/PATHBUG-63
  • [15:52] Flame of Jira: [#PATHBUG-63] Unable to see the navmesh https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/PATHBUG-63
  • [15:53] Falcon Linden: That might be fixed too. I haven't checked, but thought you might like to know
  • [15:53] Falcon Linden: Also, we're looking into the weirdly difficult-to-deal-with kinematics of some characters (acceleration, deceleration, turning)
  • [15:53] Maestro Linden: Hm, I don't think we've been able to reproduce pathbug-63
  • [15:53] Maestro Linden: it could be hardware/driver-dependent, maybe?
  • [15:53] Falcon Linden: can you see the other layers?
  • [15:53] Larre Leborski: Indeed.. is there an easier way to pick up pathfiding objects other than trying to track them down with a mouse?
  • [15:53] Falcon Linden: walkables, obstacles?
  • [15:54] Sigma Avro: I have smae problem, but being used to problems...
  • [15:54] Falcon Linden: larre: yep
  • [15:54] Falcon Linden: larre: open the Characters floater
  • [15:54] Larre Leborski: Indeed.. ok.
  • [15:54] Miguael Liamano: Is there any plan to open the library for pathfinding...?
  • [15:54] Nalates Urriah: I use a ZHAO II and my screen goes gray. I'll add to 63 if I still have the problem.
  • [15:54] Sigma Avro: Also , turn speed limit empeaches slow escape velocities
  • [15:55] Falcon Linden: tarnix: You'd need to discuss that with Oz. I can't comment on open source questions, but I think he has a user group coming up?
  • [15:55] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: That was earlier.
  • [15:55] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Would have to wait till Monday now.
  • [15:55] Falcon Linden: sigma: all those kinematics are fairly borked right now. Fixing one breaks the others. We're working on it :)
  • [15:55] Miguael Liamano: damn.
  • [15:55] Nalates Urriah: Monday 7 AM is next Oz meeting
  • [15:55] Sigma Avro: ok ts Falcon
  • [15:55] Falcon Linden: Was this discussed?
  • [15:55] Sigma Avro: *tks
  • [15:55] Oskar Linden: alright let's spend that last 5 minutes helping out Simon and his test
  • [15:55] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: I don't think it's ever come up.
  • [15:56] Falcon Linden: kk
  • [15:56] Simon Linden: We are considering raising the fly and hover height limit - the altitude at which you can fly or hover up in the air without any flight assist
  • [15:56] Oskar Linden: we can go long if Falcon has time
  • [15:56] Draconis Neurocam: yay
  • [15:56] Nalates Urriah: nothing about the library
  • [15:56] Falcon Linden: yeah, I can stick around a few
  • [15:56] Homeless: YAY!!!!
  • [15:56] Simon Linden: One question we have is how this is going to affect people with a flight assist HUD or attachment. If they are still active, they may push you up very fast since the simulator is now also pushing upwards at high altitudes.
  • [15:56] Simon Linden: I raised the fly height on this region, and would like to ask people to fly upwards to 150m or so. Please try it with your flight assists both off and on. You might want to try "off" first, in case the results for "on" are violent.
  • [15:56] Chieron Tenk: simon: probably not at all
  • [15:56] Draconis Neurocam: haha, this should be fun
  • [15:56] Simon Linden: Please either return here, or send me an IM to let me know what happens. We'd like to find out how the flight assists react so we can decide how to communicate or make this change.
  • [15:57] Oskar Linden: return here
  • [15:57] Simon Linden: If you reach orbit, take a snapshot :)
  • [15:57] Rex Cronon: some flightassits can decrease the energy that the user is pushed with
  • [15:57] Chieron Tenk: e.g. the flight feather actually checks if you are flying and moving down (but not holding down)
  • [15:57] Sahkolihaa ContepomiSahkolihaa Contepomi finds his MystiTool if he still has it.
  • [15:57] Sigma Avro: Which region Simon ?
  • [15:57] Johan Laurasia: /flight off
  • [15:57] Oskar Linden: that way we can keep the details in chat
  • [15:57] Coyot Linden: This is great. It is like watching the rapture
  • [15:57] Johan Laurasia: /flight slow
  • [15:57] Miguael Liamano: off works Fine, geez! for me
  • [15:58] Miguael Liamano: works-fine*
  • [15:58] Johan Laurasia: /flight fast
  • [15:58] Rex Cronon: loading inventory...
  • [15:58] Johan Laurasia: /flight god
  • [15:58] Simon Linden: cool, flight feather does seem to be programmed well and not a problem
  • [15:58] Maestro Linden: I dont' know, it's fine with the 'flight feather'
  • [15:58] SonicAnd Miles: i linded on Maestro
  • [15:58] Sigma Avro: flight feather not found
  • [15:58] Falcon Linden: Simon: I can go to 4096 without flight assist :)
  • [15:58] Draconis Neurocam: on and off both work fine for me, nothing is broken, but my flight assist is custom
  • [15:58] Maestro Linden: the extra speed isn't too obnoxious
  • [15:58] Simon Linden: You're special, Falcon!
  • [15:59] Johan Laurasia: I have a mulit gadget, and it's as if it's disabled
  • [15:59] Homeless: works fine both with or without mystitool with me
  • [15:59] Falcon Linden: )
  • [15:59] SonicAnd Miles: works fine with flight fether on and off for me :)
  • [15:59] Flip Idlemind: I had to step away for a second, what's the test?
  • [15:59] Johan Laurasia: regardless of whatever speed I try, it flys as if I'm not wearing an assist
  • [15:59] Chieron Tenk: works fine, as expected
  • [15:59] Johan Laurasia: going to remove it
  • [15:59] Simon Linden: Fly upwards, Flip. THe fly height here is 5000m
  • [15:59] Rex Cronon: less fore is required to fly
  • [15:59] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: 5000?!
  • [15:59] Simon Linden: See if your flight assist puts you in orbit or not
  • [16:00] Sigma Avro: so noobs will be able to fly at 5000 m ? :-(
  • [16:00] Flip Idlemind: flight.normal
  • [16:00] Sigma Avro: lol
  • [16:00] Johan Laurasia: mine doesn't even seem to work at all Simon
  • [16:00] Nalates Urriah: on or off not a problem
  • [16:00] Lucia Nightfire: this is going to ruin the flight assit market, heh
  • [16:00] Simon Linden: Well, we haven't picked the new number, but above 4096 makes sense
  • [16:00] Lucia Nightfire: *assist
  • [16:00] Flip Idlemind: So out of curiosity, why would a flight assist put me in orbit? ◯.(⁐)
  • [16:00] Theresa Tennyson: My copy of Peter Pan took me over 400 meters. It's pretty awesome up there, BTW.
  • [16:00] Simon Linden: Is anyone using the Firestorm built-in one?
  • [16:00] Ima Mechanique: Simon, I am
  • [16:01] Lucia Nightfire: a badly scripted flight assist would
  • [16:01] Johan Laurasia: ok, it's working now
  • [16:01] Flip Idlemind: Ohh, well, I scripted my flight assist, so obviously it's not badly scripted
  • [16:01] Chieron Tenk: flip: because maybe some flightz assists actually always enact a force if you are above 150m
  • [16:01] Simon Linden: If it pushes you upward when flying above the normal fly height, you might end up with both that and the sim pushing upwards
  • [16:01] Johan Laurasia: /flight slow
  • [16:01] Draconis Neurocam: flight assists still have a use if you need to get somewhere quickly and cannot rez, but, not needing them at all to go up is great
  • [16:02] Johan Laurasia: Nope, now that it's working, i can't tell the difference
  • [16:02] Flip Idlemind: Mine basically just negates gravity on me
  • [16:02] Simon Linden: Right, they could still make you go faster than normal
  • [16:02] Johan Laurasia: although it was freaky flying up to 500 meters wearing no assist.
  • [16:02] MartinRJ Fayray: Simon: the z-altitude -display in the viewer is bugged
  • [16:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Viewer seems to have some weird problem when going over 4096
  • [16:02] Theresa Tennyson: What's the new unassisted ceiling?
  • [16:02] Flip Idlemind: And always pushes me at any height
  • [16:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: The counter - what Martin said.
  • [16:02] MartinRJ Fayray: it jumps from the actual height to 4096 and back
  • [16:02] Sigma Avro: nothing changed, but space contracted
  • [16:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Was that hard coded to 4096 or something?
  • [16:02] Simon Linden: Theresa - we haven't picked a final number. I set this region to 5000m
  • [16:03] Theresa Tennyson: 4096 is the maximum ceiling for a lot of stuff.
  • [16:03] MartinRJ Fayray: (rightclick -> show coords at the input field at the top to reproduce that)
  • [16:03] Miguael Liamano: region unavailable again
  • [16:03] Miguael Liamano: grr
  • [16:03] Simon Linden: Right, 4096 is the limit for building and some other things
  • [16:03] Larre Leborski: Indeed.. Was able to fly above 4096 :-)
  • [16:03] Falcon Linden: We have to have some limit
  • [16:03] Falcon Linden: can't really go to infinity :P
  • [16:04] Oskar Linden: thanks for the help
  • [16:04] Flip Idlemind: I think this is a good idea. When I was very new (a few days old) I fell off of a really high build, and freaked out when I couldn't fly back up
  • [16:04] Simon Linden: Did anyone have trouble with it ... getting pushed upwards too fast?
  • [16:04] Gooden Uggla: no accelleration change with an old flight bracelet
  • [16:04] Larre Leborski: Indeed.
  • [16:04] Falcon Linden: or even 10^37 :P
  • [16:04] Oskar Linden: any more questions for falcon or simon?
  • [16:04] Johan Laurasia: 1 million meters is a cool place
  • [16:04] Sigma Avro: 2billons meters
  • [16:04] Johan Laurasia: home of the melting avatar.
  • [16:04] Falcon Linden: sounds like a no
  • [16:04] Homeless: At least being able to fly around at the build limit is a big improvement
  • [16:04] Rex Cronon: a small problem here
  • [16:04] Nalates Urriah: no prob for me
  • [16:04] Johan Laurasia: yeah, no, honestly I think 4096 is a nice round factor of 2
  • [16:04] Simon Linden: Thanks everyone - hopefully we'll see this on the main grid soon
  • [16:05] Rex Cronon: i had a built in function to bring very fast to the ground
  • [16:05] Flip Idlemind: My flight assist continues to work as intended
  • [16:05] Falcon Linden: have playing with the pathfinding. I'm off to do very important things.
  • [16:05] Nalates Urriah: :))
  • [16:05] Rex Cronon: now it stops every 1000m
  • [16:05] Rex Cronon: runs out of energy
  • [16:05] Theresa TennysonTheresa Tennyson suspects Falcon's going to get a snack.
  • [16:05] Oskar Linden: well that's the meeting then!
  • [16:05] Oskar Linden: :-)
  • [16:05] Oskar Linden: thanks for coming everyone
  • [16:05] Sigma Avro: OK, thanks all Lindens for time
  • [16:06] Johan Laurasia: Did I get an "A" on my test?
  • [16:06] Simon Linden: Thanks again for the testing help
  • [16:06] Rex Cronon: tc oskar
  • [16:06] Oskar Linden: I hope it was all you wanted it to be
  • [16:06] Oskar Linden: and more
  • [16:06] Rex Cronon: tc simon
  • [16:06] Gooden Uggla: good job simon
  • [16:06] MartinRJ: tc
  • [16:06] Johan Laurasia: Tanks guys
  • [16:06] Simon Linden: Bye for now
  • [16:06] MartinRJ: goodbye everyone
  • [16:06] SonicAnd Miles: well guys this all sounds like good news, thanks for sharing but i have another meeting im late for so ill see u all next week :)
  • [16:06] Oskar Linden: *waves*
  • [16:06] Moundsa Mayo: Oskar, Maestro, Simon, Coyot, Kelly, thanks for your time!
  • [16:06] Lares Carter: Thanks :)
  • [16:06] Oskar Linden: have a good weekend
  • [16:06] arton Rotaru: good meeting, thx