KB Article Survey for Community Platform Migration
- 1 Existing labels
- 2 New labels
- 3 Obsolete?
- 4 Uncategorized
These are the labels defined so far in new community platform :
Candidates for new labels:
- Media, music, and sound - too specific?
- Troubleshooting - this doesn't seem terribly useful as a label. Some of this can go into Answers.
- Operating system, hardware, and network
Abuse and griefing
- Someone is making a whole region run slowly
- Stopping notecard spam
- I got stuck in a box or a cage or something. How do I get out?
This includes login issues.
- My account was cancelled and I'd like to reactivate it. What should I do?
- Changing your email address
- Login problems - This article transcludes all of the following:
- Login error: "Despite our best efforts, something has gone wrong..."
- When I log into Second Life, it gets to "Connecting to Region" and stops.
- When I log into Second Life, it gets to "Contacting User Server" and stops.
- When I log into Second Life, it gets to "Entering Login Queue" and stops.
- When I log into Second Life, it gets to "Preparing Inventory" and stops.
- When I log into Second Life, it gets to Precaching or Initializing World, then it crashes.
- When I log into Second Life, it returns an error saying "The system is logging you out right now. Your account will not be available until..."
- When I start Second Life, the crash logger comes up briefly, then it disappears. Second Life never loads. What do I do?
- Avatar Impostors
- Fixing avatar appearance
- How do I attach a body part to my avatar?
- How do I attach and detach objects from my avatar?
- Resetting your avatar
- How to change your appearance - Video Tutorial
- Create a Custom Avatar (Video Tutorial Sequence)
- How do I make a donation box?
- How do I make a temporary object?
- Who is the creator of an object?
- Who is the owner of an object?
- Why are there prim limits on coalesced objects?
- How to get texture information - Video Tutorial
- How to make a flag that waves in wind - Video Tutorial
- How to make tiny prims - Video Tutorial
- How to set multiple permissions simultaneously - Video Tutorial
- Best practices for building an Orientation Island
- How to create a secure space for a classroom setting
- Rebaking textures
- Bump Mapping
- Particle editing - Video Tutorial
- Why trees can't be linked
- How do I get the Local Chat tab in the Communicate window to reappear if I delete it accidentally?
- How do I make it brighter? It's so dark I can't see anything.
- How do I change the time of day to something like sundown? It's a little too bright.
- How do I make the clouds go away? I'm someplace very high up and they're getting the way of my lovely view.
- How do I turn off the dotted line coming out of my hand when I point at something?
- How to disable Linden dollar (L$) transaction notices
- How to fix a broken Search button
- How to move your camera further and better - Video Tutorial
- The words that used to come up to show me the price of something or more info about it have disappeared. How do I get it back?
- Three useful "Show" options in the Tools menu - Video Tutorial
- What do the numbers at the top of my viewer screen represent?
- Handy user interface tips and shortcuts - Video Tutorial
- Release Keys
- Getting started FAQ
- How do I download and install Second Life on a Mac?
- What is a bot?
- What is the Library
- Why do I look like a particle cloud
- What's a relog?
- I see someone wearing really cool clothes! Where, and how, can I get a great look like them?
- How can I use Second Life from a different computer?
- What does "SLT" stand for?
- How to eliminate duplicate objects in your inventory
- How do I put things in an object's inventory?
- How do I sort my inventory
- How do I find things in my inventory?
- How to manage your inventory - Video Tutorial
- I can't find an item that used to be in my Library inventory
- Inventory management tips and more - Video Tutorial
- Missing Inventory: Inventory Window
- How to select everything you own on a parcel of land
- Helpful Articles for New Landowners
- How to Get to the About Land Window
- I can't get into the land I own.
- Who is the owner of a region?
- How do I block direct teleports to my land?
- How many avatars can I have on my region at once without causing serious problems with lag?
- Default Private Region RAW Files
- Tips for Creating Heightfields and Details on Terrain RAW Files
- Navigating inside small spaces - Video Tutorial
- How high can I fly?
- How to use a SLurl Teleport Link - Video Tutorial
- How to use the Mini-Map - Video Tutorial
- I followed a SLurl link and it took me to the wrong place!
- How do I use the World Map?
- I'm lost. How can I tell where I am?
- What does "You are not allowed into the destination" mean?
- How do I hide all the little pictures on the map so I can see where I'm going? It's so cluttered!
- How do I Log in using the secondlife:// web protocol
- How can I find a combat region?
- How do I fly higher? I want to see what's on top of this building.
- How high can an object be to show up on the World Map?
- Troubleshooting teleporting
- Graphics Preferences Layout
- Graphics preferences guide - Video Tutorial
- Shortcut keys
- What is a UUID?
- PC and Mac shortcut key differences
- Keyboard mapping
- How long is a Second Life day?
Media, music, and sound
- How can I minimize background noise in voice chat?
- How to play streaming music in Second Life
- Overview of Music in Second Life
- Sound sliders explained - Video Tutorial
- Streaming Video in Second Life
- Troubleshooting streaming video
- How to Locate Sound Sources
This is kind of a catch-all.
- I'm using a dual core processor and my view jitters, especially when moving or turning
- Solutions to Common Annoyances - Video Tutorial
- Something happened and now I'm bouncing all over the world like it's a trampoline. What do I do now?
- Something that's attached to me keeps animating me and producing errors. How do I make it stop?
- Why does a black window with text inside it open when I start Second Life?
- Why is there a window with some crazy colored bars getting in my way when I start Second Life?
- How To Locate Particle Sources
- Why do textures sometimes look messed up? - Video Tutorial
- I see blue, green, or red triangles coming from objects inworld that I think shouldn't be there.
- About the Update Indicators
Operating system, hardware, and network
New category: Category:Operating system, hardware, and network.
- Second Life and multiple monitors
- Second Life says it needs to update, but when I launch the auto-update utility, it doesn't work.
- How do I check for packet loss (network lag)?
- How do I configure my software firewall (such as Norton Internet Security, McAfee Personal Firewall, or ZoneAlarm)?
- Does Second Life support satellite Internet services?
- Problems using a wireless network
- Unusually restrictive firewalls block teleporting
- Is my firewall responsible for problems with Second Life?
- I'm having problems with internet providers other than Cable or DSL
- Second Life IP addresses firewall configuration
- Configuring your corporate firewall to allow access to Second Life
- About content filters (mostly firewall related)
Hardware and OS issues
- My computer overheats with Second Life, what can I do?
- My graphics card is reported as a "GDI Generic". What do I do?
- NVIDIA drivers appear to be causing problems with the Second Life viewer
- Detailed info about Second Life-compatible systems
- Does Second Life run on Linux?
- Does Second Life run on Windows Vista?
- Under Windows Vista, my graphics card reports as a GDI Generic. Why is that?
- Second Life says my AGP card is running in PCI mode. Is this a problem?
- Does Second Life work on older versions of Mac OS X, such as OS X 10.2
- Does Second Life work with older versions of Windows, such as Windows 98, 98SE, Millenium Edition, or ME Computer?
- I'm experiencing issues with Intel Extreme graphics
- Second Life crashes on 3800 and 4800 series ATI cards when using ATI Catalyst 8.8
- Windows 7 support
- I see Second Life in only 256 colors! (graphics card issue)
- Guide to Improving Mac Performance
- Improving Region Performance
- How to check viewer performance from your end - Video Tutorial
- I know I have a fast Internet connection, but Second Life seems to download items slowly. How do I make things faster?
- Typical Frame Rate Performance by Graphics Card/GPU
- How can I make Second Life run faster?
- Reducing lag
- What do I do if I experience poor performance on a dual-core computer?
Other technical topics
- Error messages
- Command Line Options
- Crash logs
- Norton AntiVirus and the cache
- How do I fully uninstall and reinstall Second Life?
- Mono information for non-scripters
- Mono information for scripters
- Moving the cache
- Installing Language Fonts
- Issues using more than one computer
- How to become a member of the Solution Provider Program
- Solution Provider Program membership requirements and obligations
- Project management success tips (for solution providers)
This is an incomplete list. Many other articles are probably obsolete as well.
- Useful Items in the Pie Menu - Video Tutorial - Assuming we're 2.x focussed.
- How do I use the pie menu that comes up when I right-click something- Assuming we're 2.x focussed.
Haven't found a good label for these yet.