Function: llLoadURL( key avatar, string message, string url );
Shows dialog to avatar offering to load web page at url with message.
If user clicks yes, launches the page in their web browser, starting the browser if required.
|| avatar UUID that is in the same region
|| message to be displayed in the dialog box
The url is truncated to 255 characters and message is truncated to 254 characters.
The protocol for the url must be specified, currently only "https://" and "http://" are supported.
The URL should be RFC-1738 compliant with proper escapes.
- This function causes the script to sleep for 0.1 seconds.
- This function should not be called from group deeded objects, it will silently fail.
- This function silently fails for an avatar that has muted itself.
~ Search JIRA for related Bugs
key id = llDetectedKey(0);
integer avatarInSameSim = (llGetAgentSize(id) != ZERO_VECTOR);// TRUE or FALSE
string info = "Visit the Second Life website!";
// must start with either "http://..." or "https://..."
string url = "http://www.secondlife.com/";
llLoadURL(id, info, url);
llInstantMessage(id, "I can only open a URL dialog on your screen if you're in my sim!");
|| SL limits and constrictions
Search JIRA for related Issues
- Introduced in version 1.6, no support for group deeded objects.
- As of version ~1.9, support for group deeded objects was added (possibly by accident).
- In the server upgrade released on 2007-03-14, support for group deeded objects was removed.
function void llLoadURL( key avatar, string message, string url );