What happens when 'target' is an avatar key? That makes no sense to me: an avatar can't run a script, only an object can. NO USER PROVIDED
- Sorry that was an editing mistake I made a couple days ago when I changed the template (I forgot the template defaults to avatar and prim). -- Strife (talk|contribs) 11:50, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
I have an object that spawns another object and then puts a script in it. It works until I deed the object to a group. Then I constantly get this error from the Spawner.
"Unable to add item!"
- When you set it to group, the next owner permissions should apply. So it can be that it is no mod and therefor doesn't accept a script.
- Lynch (talk|contribs) 01:52, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm... How about the script you'd like to transfer. Is it copyable? I guess I'm clueless otherwise...
- You deeded the spawner to the group, right? Otherwise you might need modifiy permissions on group items and (maybe) your group activated... But I'm just guessing here, to be honest.
- Lynch (talk|contribs) 04:57, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for your help. I've got it. The script was copyable, but not transferable. You need copy and transfer permissions if it's deeded to a group. Odd thing is that transfer permission isn't required for the script if you transfer the device to another ave.—The preceding unsigned comment was added on 05:22, 18 February 2009 by Paradigm Brodsky
- Very welcome =) I added the caveat to the article. Wouldn't have imagined that it needs this permission... Nice to know!
- Btw: You can sign your comments in the Wiki with four tildes (~~~~). They will automatically be converted into your username as well as a timestamp. That helps to keep track on discussion pages.
- Greetz :-) Lynch (talk|contribs) 06:22, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
I was just wondering....
I couldn't think of a better place to ask this soo...
RE: examples section
Can anyone please post a example for using actually llRemoteLoadScriptPin() ?? The current example is not for this but in fact for llSetRemoteScriptAccessPin. I am copying this example to the proper function page and will leave this one in place for now till hopefully someone or myself can post up a example for this.
Bato Brendel 19:27, 9 December 2010 (UTC) Bato Brendel
- It's not great but it's hard to do a good example for this IMHO. -- Strife (talk|contribs) 07:35, 10 December 2010 (UTC)
RE: examples section
Please can the section headed "Rez and copy a file from a control object" be moved elsewhere. I suggest this is a demonstration of all that is worst about this Wiki. It is full of mumbo-jumbo magic numbers, has absolutely no explanations supplied in the scripts, and, I submit, 95% of it has nothing to do with explaining the function in question. And what is the point in setting the timer to zero, and then to a non-zero value later in the same UDF? If the purpose of the Wiki is to totally confuse readers, then by all means carry on :) Omei Qunhua (talk) 11:25, 27 July 2016 (PDT)