Template talk:LSL Function/link
There's a table describing link number mnemonics that says for example "sends to the root prim...". I feel that "sends to" should read "refers to" in all cases. No 'sending' is involved when a script is accessing data about a linked prim. So that e.g. on the page https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetLinkNumberOfSides the table gives a strange flavour. I can't see where to edit this table. Omei Qunhua 13:03, 14 December 2013 (PST)
- Excellent point. The table was likely written with llMessageLinked in mind. I'll tweak it. -- Strife (talk|contribs) 20:54, 14 December 2013 (PST)
- I'm partial to "targets" instead of either "sends to" or "refers to". I've made it so you can specify the action. -- Strife (talk|contribs) 22:33, 14 December 2013 (PST)
The linknumber bug listed in the errata has a problem: the link to the jira (BUG-4929) does not work for me; also, the jira I originally filed it under was BUG-5049. Wrong link / internal link that we cannot access? -- Will Webb 21:20, 4 February 2014 (PST)
- Most people can't see BUG JIRAs they didn't file themselves, so the numbers don't really matter much any more. --ObviousAltIsObvious Resident 00:37, 5 February 2014 (PST)
- I like to continue to include them for two reasons.
- It gives everyone (LL included) a way to know there are open bugs on specific features. This reduces duplicate issues which improves moral (nobody likes their issue closed because it's duplicate, and nobody likes having to read duplicate issues) and focus LL attention on existing issues (if it's in the documentation it might be important).
- It also gives me an opportunity to keep track of the status of many issues over an extended time frame.
- I'd like to improve the issue tables that appear in the caveats section and deep-notes but I won't have time to devote to it for a few months. Strife (talk|contribs) 12:47, 5 February 2014 (PST) --