User talk:Highstaker Resident
Welcome to the LSL Portal!
I see you have taken up the project of translating the LSL Portal to Russian. If you have any questions about the templates please don't hesitate to ask (my advice, leave the primitive params articles for last, they are tricky). Good luck!
Thank you. I will contact you if I have questions. Though, shall I do it here or via SL?
- I was thinking about translating the primitive params article right after this one, because it is one of the most needed artiles, and it is quite hard to understand for newbies. That's why I started with particles, because it is interesting yet hard to understand.
- p.s. Hahaha, I can make article about myself. Though, I have no idea what I shall write there.
- -- Highstaker
- The primitive params articles are tricky, some of the content comes from articles of the primitive param constants. So you have to start with them. At some point in the future I'm going to entirely rework the templates for the primitive param articles. Just haven't gotten to it yet (maybe in six months or a year). -- Strife (talk|contribs) 11:43, 29 July 2012 (PDT)
Hello, Strife. On page https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetAlpha/ru I can't find the phrase "Returns a float that is the alpha of face.". It seems that it is located in some template, but which one?
- I don't know if the "Returns a TYPE" mnemonic works in Russian (word ordering etc). If it doesn't you are more than welcome to strip that feature from Template:LSL Function/ru.
- Depending upon which variable you use, it works slightly differently. The word after "returns" is set with a special template, Template:It.
- return_text results in "Returns a/an TYPE TEXT"
- Return_text results in "Returns the TYPE TEXT"
- -- Strife (talk|contribs) 21:04, 20 August 2012 (PDT)
- Modified both templates. Looks fine now. Thank you.
- -- Highstaker 16:50 (MSK) 20/08/12