Community Tools User Group/5-May-2011

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Transcript for Thursday May 5, 2011

[13:01] Jeremy Linden Orange! Long time no see.
[13:01] Amanda Linden /me waves hello to everyone
[13:01] DogWomble Dollinger hey rand
[13:01] Marianne McCann Hey Jeremy!
[13:01] DogWomble Dollinger hey jeremy
[13:01] bee Baroque /me is being trampled on. ouch.
[13:01] Marianne McCann Rand...
[13:01] Jeremy Linden /me waves to all.
[13:01] Peewee Musytari its an object called seizure god
[13:01] Rand (rand.linden) Howdy!
[13:01] Orange Planer Hey Jeremy. Nice to see you again.
[13:01] Void Singer still seeing it peewee?
[13:01] Venus Petrov Baby, you're stomping bee's neck
[13:02] Peewee Musytari yeah I have it selected
[13:02] bob Iwashi hola jeremy
[13:02] bee Baroque /me bites baby in the ankle
[13:02] bee Baroque *snicker* (please move)
[13:02] Void Singer drop draw to 128 then wait a minute
[13:02] Peewee Musytari owned by killerultimate resident
[13:02] Void Singer 0day griefer account...
[13:03] Peewee Musytari seizure god is a good name cos its gonna give me one lol
[13:03] Jeremy Linden Do you guys see a griefer object right now?
[13:03] Amanda Linden welcoem everyone.
[13:03] Peewee Musytari yesss
[13:03] Venus Petrov some do
[13:03] Amanda Linden lemme grab the agenda
[13:03] Peewee Musytari please stop it
[13:03] Peewee Musytari lol
[13:03] bee Baroque what dd do you have peewee?
[13:03] Jeremy Linden What direction, Peewee?
[13:03] Void Singer Jeremey yeah it's on one of the adjoining regions
[13:03] Eddi Decosta hug Amanda ;)
[13:03] Eddi Decosta hi all :)
[13:03] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) /me keeps draw distance at 64, to minimize Lag
[13:03] Jeremy Linden /me goes on a quest.
[13:03] Peewee Musytari Hoooo!
[13:03] Peewee Musytari Hoooo!
[13:03] Amanda Linden
[13:03] Peewee Musytari who did that?
[13:03] Eddi Decosta hugs Lexie to :p
[13:03] Peewee Musytari tytytytyty
[13:03] Venus Petrov hiya Dres
[13:03] Lexie (lexie.linden) : )
[13:03] Dresden Ceriano hey =)
[13:03] Lionne Queen (naida.ergaron) HI all
[13:04] Void Singer Jeremy, no way of telling.... it's about 20 regions big =(
[13:04] Amanda Linden heyt, full agenda today.
[13:04] Eddi Decosta Jeremy can you trun the chair of Naida pls? :p
[13:04] Amanda Linden ready to get going?
[13:04] Peewee Musytari is kewl having lindens here lol
[13:04] Peewee Musytari they fix stuff
[13:04] Orange Planer Ready as I'll ever be.
[13:04] Marianne McCann An sure!
[13:04] Amanda Linden ossm.
[13:04] Marianne McCann Ya. It's just "here"
[13:04] Amanda Linden ok, lexie, want to give updates on some of hte blog/forum/sl answers updates
[13:04] Lexie (lexie.linden) Sure
[13:05] Lexie (lexie.linden) We did get some of the changes done that we have been mentioning
[13:05] Lexie (lexie.linden) New smilies have been added but yes, they are floating above the text again. We will get that fixed. ㋡
[13:05] Lexie (lexie.linden) Have you all seen the new smilies?
[13:05] Lexie (lexie.linden) I like them
[13:05] Venus Petrov yup
[13:05] Lexie (lexie.linden)
[13:05] bee Baroque they're awesome \o/
[13:05] Marianne McCann /me nods
[13:05] Lexie (lexie.linden) Also the reply button is now on the bottom of pages. It may have a bug that causes the reply to go to a post other than the original post. It seems inconsistent. We are investigating that too.
[13:05] Amanda Linden hey drummer man... :)
[13:06] Peewee Musytari its weird how they aren`t floating in comments
[13:06] Venus Petrov what's that noise?
[13:06] Amanda Linden can you turn off your drums?
[13:06] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) /me hasn't seen smilies: Wherre are they supposed to be? Also, have we a link to the agenda?
[13:06] Adamburp Adamczyk sorry, 1 sec
[13:06] Amanda Linden
[13:06] Venus Petrov mutes sounds
[13:06] Amanda Linden ah, thank you
[13:06] Amanda Linden :)
[13:06] Marianne McCann THat's... special
[13:06] Adamburp Adamczyk okay, music stopped, venus finally muted osi don;t have to siten to her nomore
[13:06] Adamburp Adamczyk listen*
[13:06] Lexie (lexie.linden) Smilies can be inserted Arawn form the posting form.
[13:07] Orange Planer No, I have not seen the smiles. And since I'm coming into the conversation late, I have no idea what smiles you mean. :-/
[13:07] Lexie (lexie.linden) Also..
[13:07] Daniel Voyager hey everyone :)
[13:07] Lexie (lexie.linden) Some of the fonts, such as in the forum descriptions, have been darkened a bit to make them easier to read.
[13:07] bee Baroque hi daniel \o
[13:07] Peewee Musytari kewl
[13:07] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) /me should combine a cobblestone sound, and a clap animation, into a couple of coconuts.
[13:07] Lexie (lexie.linden) Answers:...
[13:07] Peewee Musytari hmm
[13:07] Peewee Musytari lol
[13:07] Lexie (lexie.linden) All comments are expanded now. But, ideally we will simply remove the comment portion so the flow is more like forums. We are working on that now.
[13:08] Lexie (lexie.linden) You should see that change very soon
[13:08] Peewee Musytari if there are bugs with the way it is now, should we ignore them if its changing?
[13:08] bee Baroque oh that's great, i never liked the comments too much :D
[13:08] Lexie (lexie.linden) Peewee, yes lets wait until the layout is changed with comments, then see where we are
[13:08] Peewee Musytari kk
[13:08] Lexie (lexie.linden) That's it for now. More soon!
[13:08] Amanda Linden great stuff lexie!
[13:08] Amanda Linden thank you.
[13:09] Lexie (lexie.linden) sure
[13:09] Amanda Linden lots of progress!
[13:09] Peewee Musytari also I noticed something about the missing posts when threads get moved to answers if ur still investigating that
[13:09] Amanda Linden lexie, you want to speak to that one?
[13:09] Lexie (lexie.linden) That will resolve with the format change Peewee
[13:09] Peewee Musytari it seems to be the posts that the OP added cos they can only post once on answers
[13:09] Lexie (lexie.linden) right
[13:09] Kraptacular Kat (bronson.blackadder) is there a fix on the way for posting in IE9?
[13:09] Lexie (lexie.linden) That will be better pretty quick
[13:09] Peewee Musytari kk
[13:10] Orange Planer Did you try compatibility mode, Krapt?
[13:10] Orange Planer There's th ecompatibility button in IE9.
[13:10] Lexie (lexie.linden) No news yet on the IE9 other than to use compatibility mode for now
[13:10] Kraptacular Kat (bronson.blackadder) not sure where to find that
[13:10] Orange Planer It's on the URL bar.
[13:10] Orange Planer Where yo utype in an address.
[13:10] Kraptacular Kat (bronson.blackadder) tools?
[13:10] Peewee Musytari I have a question about answers too please OPs get some sort of letter sent to them now?
[13:11] Lexie (lexie.linden) Peewee, for what
[13:11] Lexie (lexie.linden) Reminders?
[13:11] DogWomble Dollinger hey baby02
[13:11] Peewee Musytari there have been some comments about getting letters to tell them to mark them as answered
[13:11] Lexie (lexie.linden) ok, yes!
[13:11] Peewee Musytari and some are a bit snippy about it
[13:11] Amanda Linden hey baby...welcome.
[13:11] Peewee Musytari if its not solved
[13:12] Lexie (lexie.linden) Some older OP with no accepted solutions may get a reminder email
[13:12] Peewee Musytari ahh kk...cos I had no idea what they were talking about lol....good so its an official thing
[13:12] Lexie (lexie.linden) ok, thanks for letting me know that Peewee
[13:12] Amanda Linden good q peewee
[13:12] Lexie (lexie.linden) Its not meant to annoy of course.
[13:12] Venus Petrov they may not know they should indicate correct answer(s)
[13:13] Amanda Linden ok, time to shift to rand/jeremy on kb
[13:13] Rand (rand.linden) OK
[13:13] teddy Zepp hello
[13:13] teddy Zepp all
[13:13] Rand (rand.linden) We're still waiting for Lithium to fix the issue that blocks certain HTML tags and attributes,
[13:13] Eddi Decosta hi Radn sorry i never see you lol
[13:13] Rand (rand.linden) hi
[13:13] Eddi Decosta Rand*
[13:13] Amanda Linden (here's the agenda for those who just joined.
[13:13] Adamburp Adamczyk hi rand
[13:13] Rand (rand.linden) Jeremy has been working on land articles, which are some of the most complex
[13:13] Peewee Musytari the ones that moaned are already annoyed marked everything as thr ight answer and said she did it cos she had a letter telling her to even though its not solved
[13:13] Adamburp Adamczyk wana be in my band?
[13:13] Rand (rand.linden) I've been looking at the most common search terms to make sure we're covering
[13:13] teddy Zepp hi daniel
[13:14] Rand (rand.linden) We've also got a part-time editor, who has been working on various articles, and is
[13:14] Void Singer oh good, I'd really like to be able to use the <acronym> tag
[13:14] Rand (rand.linden) That's about it....
[13:14] DogWomble Dollinger oh very nice rand
[13:14] Amanda Linden great!
[13:14] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) Aren't HTML tags browser sensitive?
[13:15] Rand (rand.linden) Arawn, not sure what you mean, but Lithium blocks Resi editig of some very basic stuff
[13:15] Rand (rand.linden) e.g. id, class, and style attributes
[13:15] Rand (rand.linden) which are used throughout the KB
[13:15] Rand (rand.linden) This would mostly be an issue for those of Helper rank and for community translators
[13:16] Lexie (lexie.linden) right
[13:16] Lexie (lexie.linden) Hopefully a fix on that soon
[13:16] Rand (rand.linden) yes!
[13:16] Torben (torben.trautman) yes please :)
[13:16] Amanda Linden great...
[13:16] Amanda Linden ok, on to resi qu
[13:16] Amanda Linden estions
[13:16] Amanda Linden unless there's anything else for rand/jeremy?
[13:16] Kraptacular Kat (bronson.blackadder) apparently blocks IE9 posting too
[13:17] Kraptacular Kat (bronson.blackadder) still cant seem to find compatibility
[13:17] Amanda Linden weird.
[13:17] Amanda Linden we should look into that.
[13:17] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval) Yes you need to run IE9 in compatibility mode, there's a sticky about it somewhere
[13:17] Orange Planer Krapt. I'll give a picture.
[13:17] Kraptacular Kat (bronson.blackadder) cant find it except a thing in tools
[13:18] Kraptacular Kat (bronson.blackadder) but yesterday it didnt seem to have an affect
[13:18] Kraptacular Kat (bronson.blackadder) effect
[13:18] DogWomble Dollinger well if it's any consolation, i believe IE9 broke a few of these things
[13:18] Peewee Musytari click the icon of a torn piece of paper next to the browser bar
[13:18] Kraptacular Kat (bronson.blackadder) taht will teach me to upgrade
[13:18] Amanda Linden ha!
[13:19] Amanda Linden ok, first question is the meaning of harrassment.
[13:19] Lexie (lexie.linden) Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. Harassment can include text or images that contain racist, threatening, abusive or hateful material.
[13:19] Adamburp Adamczyk erm, bathtime?
[13:19] Lexie (lexie.linden) Thats in the guidelines
[13:19] Venus Petrov There were a couple of things recently. The Disappearing Threads thread was removed. There were a couple of clarifying posts in there from mods. Any reason? Also, there was someone banned without notification and, third, someone else's thread was pulled for harassment when, clearly, it was satire.
[13:19] Kraptacular Kat (bronson.blackadder) harr *** ment alot to me
[13:19] Amanda Linden ha
[13:20] Adamburp Adamczyk lexie -that's a loose definition
[13:20] Amanda Linden lexie, want to talk to venus's questions?
[13:20] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) Thinks Harr***ment to be a C*cky thing to say, in a G Sim
[13:20] Amanda Linden well, it's harassment when it feels like harasment and's hard to have a perfect definition.
[13:20] Void Singer it kinda needs to be loose to prevent people from skirting it or it being too overbearing Adam
[13:20] Amanda Linden but, what is in the guidelines is pretty much what's in the dictionary
[13:21] Lexie (lexie.linden) Venus: The disappearing threads thread..I will see why it was removed. I am not sure.
[13:21] Venus Petrov So, it is up to the mod's interpretation, ok.
[13:21] Adamburp Adamczyk yes amanda - but does MY definition of harrassment fit YOURS? n'est ce pas?
[13:21] Venus Petrov thank you Lexie.
[13:21] Eddi Decosta Hyea Jeremy , !! I poke you again! lol
[13:21] Jeremy Linden !
[13:21] Amanda Linden guess everything is relative, but we try ot be as fair as possible.
[13:21] Venus Petrov And if someone is banned, should they be notified as to reason?
[13:21] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) To say that Harrassment of any kind will not be tolerated, would include surprising things.
[13:21] Lexie (lexie.linden) Venus, yes
[13:22] Orange Planer I would assume that the final definition of "harrassment" would be made by LL.
[13:22] Adamburp Adamczyk yeah like when my neighbour complains abotu me flushing my 35+ tolet simultaneously
[13:22] Lexie (lexie.linden) If they did not get a notice they can email me and I can follow up.
[13:22] Adamburp Adamczyk 35+ toilets*
[13:22] Venus Petrov So, the issue last week was around sensitive people who RIC a post that the mods do not think violate the guidelines.
[13:22] Venus Petrov Will mods be telling these people this is not a violation?
[13:23] Venus Petrov rather than pull the post/thread?
[13:23] Amanda Linden lexie--want to grab that our should i/
[13:23] Amanda Linden ?
[13:23] Lexie (lexie.linden) They would only pull the thread if they felt it was a violation
[13:23] Peewee Musytari the mods said they pulled them because they were "disruptive" in the that a real violation of the guidelines?
[13:23] teddy Zepp hey everyone please meeet xcucx
[13:23] Amanda Linden exactly, so sometimes it is, an dsometimes it isnt. mods make determination.
[13:24] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) Should mods ahve the patience, to clarify whether the user of a Swastica is a hindu or a Nazi?
[13:24] Adamburp Adamczyk amanda: is there an appeals process for when these mods (scouts or lindens btw?) pull threads etc?
[13:24] draconis.neurocam (draconis.neurocam) buddhists use it too arawn
[13:24] Lexie (lexie.linden) Being disruptive can be a violation yes.
[13:24] Adamburp Adamczyk eg if g-team take action, a resaident can appeal it - does that exist in the forums
[13:24] Void Singer /me got one post pulled (assuming "disruptive was the reason, no notice =/)
[13:24] Amanda Linden nope no offiical appeals. but feel free to DM Lexie.
[13:25] Peewee Musytari kk ty lexie
[13:25] Adamburp Adamczyk that's not good
[13:25] Amanda Linden we;ve been very clear about appeals.
[13:25] Dresden Ceriano what is "being disruptive"?
[13:25] Amanda Linden no appeals.
[13:25] Adamburp Adamczyk theres sohuld, at he vey least, be an appeal process for yoru paying customers
[13:25] Amanda Linden you know waht's interesting?
[13:25] Adamburp Adamczyk my bad typing?
[13:26] Lexie (lexie.linden) Example Dresden : consistently trying to take the topic off course. Things that ruin the flow of a conversation and impact the other users in a bad way.
[13:26] Amanda Linden that we're having this convo now vs. when the platform launched. to be honest, most of hte violations/bans have really quieted down.
[13:26] Adamburp Adamczyk cool
[13:26] Lexie (lexie.linden) yes!
[13:26] Amanda Linden i think most folks understand the rules and are abiding by them
[13:26] Adamburp Adamczyk i only jsut started attending though
[13:26] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) I recall forwardinga panic to G-Team Office Hours, when a comic was banned in the middle of a show.
[13:26] Amanda Linden not sure if we're making more of an issue of htis stuff (def of harrassment, appeals etc) than it really is
[13:26] Venus Petrov impacting users in a bad way is perception, yes?
[13:26] Orange Planer Is there a written list of the rules somewhere, Amanda?
[13:26] Amanda Linden yes, there is.
[13:26] Dresden Ceriano yeah but topics do wander a little a little from time to time
[13:27] Amanda Linden true true
[13:27] Venus Petrov some wandering should be OK
[13:27] Orange Planer Could you post that link to the info?
[13:27] Lexie (lexie.linden) Venus, it is usally pretty clear if someone is intentionally trying to derail a topic
[13:27] Venus Petrov and some questioning of authority should be OK, too
[13:27] Lexie (lexie.linden) Im sure most have seen it happen ㋡
[13:27] Amanda Linden and that's cool, just letting you know that it seems to have been clear now what he rules of the road are.
[13:27] Dresden Ceriano alright
[13:27] Amanda Linden
[13:27] Amanda Linden and its up on the top left hand corner of the community site.
[13:28] Venus Petrov I think questioning things should be acceptable
[13:28] Amanda Linden absolutely.
[13:28] Peewee Musytari trolls are easy to spot...they are fugly
[13:28] Amanda Linden love lively convo's.
[13:28] Amanda Linden btw--speaking of diveresions, we forgot to mention one other update...
[13:28] Venus Petrov and lively can get a bit snarky sometimes
[13:28] Amanda Linden rand--wanna chime in with the wiki update.
[13:28] Rand (rand.linden) sure
[13:29] Rand (rand.linden) Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we'll be doing some work to clean up
[13:29] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) I'm not sensitive enough, for the overly sensitive, and don't tend to notice trolls. Different Moderaters may require different forums.
[13:29] Rand (rand.linden) This will be happening over the next couple weeks.
[13:29] Rand (rand.linden) "That is all." :-)
[13:29] Adamburp Adamczyk arawn - exactly
[13:29] Adamburp Adamczyk soem mods may interpret differently to others
[13:29] Amanda Linden thanks rand.
[13:29] Peewee Musytari good one rand...some of it is very contradictory
[13:29] Orange Planer the rules state "we moderate at our discretion."
[13:30] draconis.neurocam (draconis.neurocam) you are removing non obsolete information?
[13:30] Lexie (lexie.linden) correct Orange
[13:30] Venus Petrov I guess that I would rather we not have a community of Stepfords
[13:30] Rand (rand.linden) Yes, we'll also be enlisting everyone to help us find and remove or edit old, outdated, or incorrect info...
[13:30] Rand (rand.linden) More info next week.
[13:30] Orange Planer Nice, RAnd.
[13:30] Adamburp Adamczyk wd rand
[13:30] Rand (rand.linden) Thx! :-)
[13:30] Peewee Musytari does the incident blotter still exist, the link doesn`t work anymore?
[13:31] Void Singer That's good news Rand, can I make one suggestion while you're doing it? link out to the new knowledgebase instead of redirecting? some articles still have content that's crosslinked and it's a pain to be whisked away when doing a wiki serch and plopped in the new knowledge base
[13:31] Venus Petrov and the mods should not take comments made generically to them so personally.
[13:31] DogWomble Dollinger that stopped working a while back i believe peewee
[13:31] Adamburp Adamczyk no secret, rand's an all star
[13:31] Rand (rand.linden) aw, shucks!
[13:31] Adamburp Adamczyk amanda 1 mroe question: the mods? scouts or lindens?
[13:31] Amanda Linden they have al inden last name and operate as a linden.
[13:31] Amanda Linden you should consider them lindens--extension of our team.
[13:31] Lisa Fossett Sue made an announcement on the JIRA to the effect the blotter would not be repaired
[13:31] Adamburp Adamczyk boy, THAT was vague
[13:31] Peewee Musytari very LOL
[13:32] Peewee Musytari faux lindens
[13:32] Peewee Musytari hehe
[13:32] Amanda Linden ok, they are lindens.
[13:32] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) Will they be real lindens, or sub-contractors?
[13:32] Adamburp Adamczyk let's communicate
[13:32] Qie (qie.niangao) vague, presumably, for the benefit of the Internal Revenue Service.
[13:32] Lexie (lexie.linden) They are Lindens
[13:32] Lexie (lexie.linden) They have the mod last name on the forums for easy identification
[13:32] Adamburp Adamczyk thanks lexie
[13:32] Adamburp Adamczyk a nice straight answer
[13:33] Lexie (lexie.linden) : )
[13:33] Amanda Linden ok, zoya had a question about the solution provider directory.
[13:33] Amanda Linden should be pretty fast to get in.
[13:33] Zoya Writer yep
[13:33] Zoya Writer sure do
[13:33] Amanda Linden if you have questions, then just email and they will look into it
[13:33] Zoya Writer i submitted to the SP Directory
[13:33] Zoya Writer been pending for a month
[13:33] Zoya Writer soooooo
[13:34] Amanda Linden hmmmust have fallen throught he cracks. sorry about that.
[13:34] Zoya Writer can I get approved already
[13:34] Amanda Linden email and they can help you.
[13:34] Amanda Linden goes to the team that manages that program.
[13:34] Zoya Writer cool - how long does that kind of thing usually take - approval I mean
[13:34] Amanda Linden ok, dresden has a q about smiles...
[13:34] Peewee Musytari heya cat
[13:34] Peewee Musytari =^.^= *Nahm Nahm Nahm!*
[13:34] Amanda Linden oh, zoya, it should be only a few days...
[13:34] COCOON (wildcat.furse) HEY HEY
[13:34] COCOON (wildcat.furse) O.o *mew* *mew* o.O
[13:34] COCOON (wildcat.furse) ☠ °•·.·´¯`·.·•✰ ◕‿◕ ✰•·.·´¯`·.·•☠
[13:34] Dresden Ceriano we covered that
[13:34] Amanda Linden kk, just makin' sure
[13:34] Amanda Linden :)
[13:35] Zoya Writer i got other questions too - guess I should address it to them as well ?
[13:35] Amanda Linden and the reply button too, right?
[13:35] Dresden Ceriano right
[13:35] Lexie (lexie.linden) covered
[13:35] Amanda Linden yep, they run that program zoya, we're really not the right folks to ask about the SP program.
[13:35] Amanda Linden ok,
[13:35] Dresden Ceriano seems it should reply to the OP
[13:35] Amanda Linden land user group.
[13:35] Amanda Linden yes, yes, we hear ya on that one.
[13:35] Qie (qie.niangao) okay. :) thanks.
[13:35] Zoya Writer land user group ?
[13:35] Zoya Writer okay thanks
[13:35] Amanda Linden we've had some internal updates/changes and i'll put it on the new sr. director's radar screen.
[13:36] Zoya Writer /me is trotting over to knock on their door then
[13:36] Amanda Linden i was in waiting mode for a bit on that one.
[13:36] Amanda Linden but, i know it's a big need since jack left
[13:36] Adamburp Adamczyk i see umpteen new "manager" related jobs
[13:36] Adamburp Adamczyk do we have any planned "relevant" linden jobs?
[13:36] Amanda Linden more next week, k?
[13:36] Amanda Linden current hires are all listed on :)
[13:36] Amanda Linden
[13:36] Qie (qie.niangao) thanks Amanda. Arbor Project will be happy to hear that it's in the works.
[13:36] Adamburp Adamczyk then i will look
[13:36] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) /me'd like a manager job, if the handlebars are cushioned
[13:36] Amanda Linden sure thing!
[13:36] Adamburp Adamczyk and i will mention it at a shareholders meeting
[13:37] Amanda Linden ok, anything else before we hit our bigger topics.
[13:37] Amanda Linden oh, i see a question on twitter feed....
[13:37] Marianne McCann Definitely been missed
[13:37] Dresden Ceriano did we reslove the reply thing?
[13:37] Amanda Linden yes, we're looking at all of htese old twitter feeds. it's on my plate to review.
[13:37] Dresden Ceriano did i niss that?
[13:37] Dresden Ceriano miss*
[13:38] Amanda Linden we have ll twitter feeds all over the place.
[13:38] Amanda Linden :)
[13:38] Venus Petrov Dres, you said it had been covered lol
[13:38] Amanda Linden but, to find out about user groups, the main user group page on the wiki is the best place to go.
[13:38] Venus Petrov But it had not.
[13:38] Amanda Linden don't have to be on twiter.
[13:38] Dresden Ceriano that was the smilies
[13:38] Amanda Linden oh, ok.
[13:38] Peewee Musytari the one about the reply button not replying to OP?
[13:38] Amanda Linden then the reply button one...
[13:38] Venus Petrov right
[13:38] Amanda Linden lexie...
[13:39] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval) Can you fix the slurl for the twitter notice for this meeting
[13:39] Lexie (lexie.linden) Yes, the reply button is on the bottom of the page but we are looking at why it sometimes replies to the Op and sometimes the last post.
[13:39] Lexie (lexie.linden) We will get it fixed!
[13:39] Venus Petrov great, thanks
[13:39] Amanda Linden cool.
[13:39] Dresden Ceriano and the top one does that same thing
[13:39] Amanda Linden anything else before we dive in...
[13:39] Lexie (lexie.linden) Right Dres
[13:39] Amanda Linden would love your take on the new dynamic login page.
[13:39] Dresden Ceriano okay
[13:39] Amanda Linden did you notice?
[13:39] Amanda Linden :)
[13:39] Peewee Musytari yus
[13:39] draconis.neurocam (draconis.neurocam) i liked it
[13:39] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval) Yes it's about time
[13:39] Lexie (lexie.linden) I like it!!
[13:40] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) Dynamic Log-In?
[13:40] Qie (qie.niangao) definitely noticed, and definitely good to have it back again.
[13:40] Void Singer /me doesn't even know where I might see this new dynamic login page
[13:40] Lisa Fossett on the main viewer
[13:40] Adamburp Adamczyk nor i
[13:40] Amanda Linden yep, so when you log in to second life next, take a look at that webpage on the main viewer...
[13:40] Lisa Fossett V2
[13:40] Amanda Linden we have announcements and blog feed up there now.
[13:40] Lisa Fossett yes, that's great
[13:40] Adamburp Adamczyk /me uses 3rd party viewer, dunno if it;s ther
[13:40] Amanda Linden and exploring which feeds would be most useful on that screen.
[13:40] Amanda Linden it's the best real estate we have to reach all resi's....
[13:40] Lisa Fossett not on the TPV
[13:40] Void Singer ah, the new widgets with blog links? ok
[13:40] Amanda Linden yep.
[13:40] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) ?
[13:40] Dresden Ceriano that's cool... too bad I don't use LL viewers
[13:40] Amanda Linden nope, if you use the latest viewer...
[13:40] Qie (qie.niangao) I'm not *quite* sure the blog feed is all the right blog articles, by the way. might be some tuning there.
[13:41] Amanda Linden true true.
[13:41] Adamburp Adamczyk cheers lisa- i'd need a nasa supercomputer to run 2.x and all it;s pointless add-ons
[13:41] Peewee Musytari it would be good to have things there related to the grid status maintainace reports so people don`t post in SLA why do I get the message that inventory server is broken, when its on the status that its being worked on
[13:41] Amanda Linden good point qie.
[13:41] Void Singer needs a feed from the gridstatus... don't think I remember seeing that on there
[13:41] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval) Blog links and some promotion, I noticed the machinima event was being pushed yesterday and there's info for new residents there, nicely done
[13:41] Orange Planer I'm not sure what you mean by "dynamic login"
[13:41] Amanda Linden nope, no feed from gridstatus...
[13:41] Amanda Linden ah, it's for folks using the official sl viewer.
[13:41] Orange Planer Right, like me.
[13:41] Jeremy Linden The page is dynamic, rather than the login.
[13:41] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) I was just using 2.6.5
[13:41] Orange Planer Ah, I see.
[13:41] Orange Planer Yes, I noticed it.
[13:42] Amanda Linden dyanmic vs. the plain flat web image.
[13:42] Orange Planer Very nifty.
[13:42] Marianne McCann A big improvement. More information, but retains a clean look
[13:42] Amanda Linden :)
[13:42] Marianne McCann I do with it had grid status in there, though
[13:42] Qie (qie.niangao) right, the gridstatus could come with the twitter feed, along with the SecondLife twitter account.
[13:42] Void Singer Orange, new widget panes on the login screen for v@
[13:42] Amanda Linden what else do you wish was up there?>
[13:42] Void Singer v2*
[13:42] Amanda Linden would it be helpful to have a feed of cool events in SL happening now/soon?
[13:42] Orange Planer /me nods to Void.
[13:42] Adamburp Adamczyk is rod gonna join us today?
[13:42] Amanda Linden nope. n ot today.
[13:42] Adamburp Adamczyk oh :(
[13:42] Marianne McCann Amanda - possibly, though that could also get difficult
[13:42] Orange Planer That wouldn't be a horrible idea, Amanda.
[13:42] Lisa Fossett yes, amanada
[13:42] Daniel Voyager SL grid statistics would be good to have like it was last year...
[13:43] Peewee Musytari a thing so you can click to change your start location to the picture on the screen, cos some of them places look cool but dunno where they are
[13:43] draconis.neurocam (draconis.neurocam) is the page if you dont have v2
[13:43] Orange Planer How about links to the wiki tutorials?
[13:43] Void Singer besides gridstatus notices? we could use a return of thing like concurrency stats... any of the API feeds would be nice
[13:43] Amanda Linden interesting....
[13:43] Dresden Ceriano thanks drac
[13:43] Jeremy Linden /me likes Peewee's idea.
[13:43] Lisa Fossett and if you're in basic, you can't search or opent the click to start there is rather important
[13:43] Amanda Linden yeah, super good ideas.
[13:44] Orange Planer Suggestion
[13:44] Marianne McCann I'd love to see VWR-17022 for events, but that's quite separate from the splash page
[13:44] Orange Planer Since the dynamic page is only displayed for a limited period of time that changes depending on how fast someone logs in....
[13:44] Orange Planer Perhaps one could log in but leave the dynamic page up until someone clicks a "Continue to Second Life!" button.
[13:44] Amanda Linden interesting.
[13:44] Marianne McCann Events: I could see some sort of something, but how many events? Which events/ How would it be determined, and how would itdiffer form the MotD
[13:44] Lexie (lexie.linden) hmm!
[13:44] Amanda Linden keep going.
[13:44] Daniel Voyager the name of location of the background picture would be nice to have somewhere on login screen!
[13:44] Peewee Musytari an easy link to a page that translates the login errors?...even if its just the KB page
[13:44] Lisa Fossett Or make a refresh button to bring it back?
[13:45] Lexie (lexie.linden) I like that Daniel
[13:45] Qie (qie.niangao) (at least the user has control over how long the dynamic page displays, unlike the MotD)
[13:45] Amanda Linden oh, nice.
[13:45] Marianne McCann /me nods
[13:45] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval) Agrees with Qie
[13:45] Daniel Voyager :)
[13:45] Marianne McCann True, Qie
[13:45] Amanda Linden thanks so much for the ideas....keep 'em coming.
[13:45] Amanda Linden we're going to be p lanning the next few phases and i can contribute your ideas into the mix.
[13:45] Marianne McCann I know that in rto weeks I have a big mainland event coming up, but dreadfully few ways to get it highlighted. So I feel this pain right now...
[13:45] Void Singer both feeds from this page, for reference....
[13:46] Jeremy Linden KB vs. Login failures:
[13:46] Marianne McCann two*
[13:46] Void Singer (sorry for the bad link)
[13:46] Qie (qie.niangao) Mari: get Blondin to blog it, then it will be on the "cover page"
[13:46] Amanda Linden :)
[13:46] Marianne McCann Qie - He doesn't seem to e in the blog biz nowadays
[13:46] Peewee Musytari yes that one jeremy
[13:46] Marianne McCann (Never have gotten the Bay City anniversary blogged before)
[13:46] Amanda Linden true true
[13:47] Amanda Linden ok, anything else that you guys want to chat about?
[13:47] Orange Planer How about the 20% of SL that has a variety of different handicaps?
[13:47] Adamburp Adamczyk yes
[13:47] Amanda Linden thanks guys--again--for lobbing ideas in. :)
[13:48] Lexie (lexie.linden) great ideas!
[13:48] Marianne McCann NUE?
[13:48] Amanda Linden you guys vote---what you want to discuss for last 10
[13:48] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval) lobbing? I haven't heard that for years!
[13:48] Adamburp Adamczyk what are linden labs doing, given current events, to stop the amount of paying customers who are elaving to join your competitiors?
[13:48] Marianne McCann (I always toss NUE out there)
[13:48] Orange Planer NUE - for 1/5th of the population.
[13:48] Peewee Musytari on the ranks thing it says some ranks can make KB pages...unpublished ones....can we do that or is it disabled?...I couldn`t see anywhere to do it
[13:48] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) What's NUE?
[13:49] Marianne McCann New User Experience
[13:49] DogWomble Dollinger new user experience?
[13:49] Lexie (lexie.linden) Peewee, contributor can start new KB articles
[13:49] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) New User Experience with Viewer 2?
[13:49] Adamburp Adamczyk nue sucks - ther;s little help in some areas for them
[13:49] Marianne McCann Still would love to see somethign done to make the hubs somehow.. effective....
[13:49] Orange Planer Well, actually...
[13:49] Kennylex Luckless Can I take up something about new walcome areas and slur signs?
[13:49] Amanda Linden well, geyeah, we know we need to do a lot of work there... on NUE
[13:49] Adamburp Adamczyk 2 or 3 kiosks, nothing else
[13:49] Amanda Linden it's one of our key initaitives.
[13:50] Gentle Heron Many groups have set up training courses related to Viewer 2.
[13:50] Peewee Musytari do u know where lexie?...I thought I looked everywhere, I must have missed it
[13:50] Adamburp Adamczyk amanda, did you receive my nc ref NUE?
[13:50] Amanda Linden not sure...
[13:50] Marianne McCann We have two hubs in Bay City, and we <3 new users. At the same time, it's a pain point due to griefers, harassment, etc.
[13:50] Adamburp Adamczyk /me gives up
[13:50] Orange Planer For those with mobility issues using SL can be very difficult and there are a variety of tips and technologies to assist them.
[13:50] Amanda Linden if it was a notecard, i get dozens every week.
[13:50] teddy Zepp when will mesh be introduce ?
[13:50] Orange Planer Unfortunately, a lot of people aren't aware of the information and don't know where to look.
[13:50] Amanda Linden hard to sort through. better to email me.
[13:50] Adamburp Adamczyk i give up
[13:50] Amanda Linden still working on mesh--beta on aditi.
[13:50] Adamburp Adamczyk i jsut 100% give up
[13:50] Amanda Linden no launch data announced.
[13:50] Marianne McCann Teddy - July 14, 2231
[13:50] Marianne McCann If not sooner
[13:50] Orange Planer That's exactly the kind of "quick hit" that would make a big difference for a lot of peopel.
[13:50] teddy Zepp is it still set for june
[13:50] Amanda Linden marianne, wehre did you get that date?
[13:51] Amanda Linden just curious...
[13:51] Torben (torben.trautman) Peewee: - There should be a button saying "New Article"
[13:51] Marianne McCann July 14, 2231? Made up on the spot
[13:51] DogWomble Dollinger amanda it was made up maybe? :P
[13:51] Amanda Linden ah
[13:51] Amanda Linden ok. :)
[13:51] Lexie (lexie.linden) Thanks Torben
[13:51] Amanda Linden yeah, no set time yet.
[13:51] Torben (torben.trautman) yw
[13:51] Rand (rand.linden) Hopefully before 2231!
[13:51] Amanda Linden for mesh. but we'll update when we do.
[13:51] Void Singer 2231? so only a few hundred years off
[13:51] COCOON (wildcat.furse) LOL
[13:51] Amanda Linden um, yeah, a few hundred years for mesh.
[13:52] Amanda Linden not a problme, right? (tongue in cheek)
[13:52] DogWomble Dollinger well it'd have to be a centurian effort
[13:52] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) 220 years, and a couple months
[13:52] teddy Zepp if not will this mean when they introduce mesh it will need a new viewer
[13:52] Dresden Ceriano oh good i have time to upgrade my PC
[13:52] Marianne McCann Well, it will be here by at least then, if not sooner.
[13:52] Void Singer /me was in no hurry
[13:52] Amanda Linden ha.
[13:53] draconis.neurocam (draconis.neurocam) i prefer 2038 as unix time will roll over then
[13:53] Amanda Linden has anybody checked out the new reg lately?
[13:53] Amanda Linden just curious.
[13:53] DogWomble Dollinger yeah, i could use a video card upgrade myself :P
[13:53] Marianne McCann Amanda - the page?
[13:53] Void Singer reg = registration?
[13:53] Amanda Linden the whole process ahs been upgrade.
[13:53] Amanda Linden d
[13:53] Lisa Fossett how recently Amanda?
[13:53] Amanda Linden a few weeks ago. another update going up next week.
[13:53] Amanda Linden but, it's different, easier.
[13:53] Lisa Fossett Yes, think so...made more sense
[13:53] Void Singer /me hasn't personally, but understands it no longer requires email verification =/
[13:54] Amanda Linden give it a shot. it's not a community tool, but wanted you guys to be aware.
[13:54] Amanda Linden :)
[13:54] Amanda Linden (since so many folks mentioned NUE)
[13:54] Adamburp Adamczyk [13:48] Adamburp Adamczyk: what are linden labs doing, given current events, to stop the amount of paying customers who are elaving to join your competitiors?
[13:54] Gentle Heron QUESTION- Is there any information on how the new registration process will affect RegAPIs?
[13:54] Lisa Fossett Well, I'd consider it integral to NUE, Amanda :)
[13:54] Void Singer I saw pictures... it's pretty even if the layout style was stolen
[13:54] Amanda Linden rand, do you want to take gnetle's question/
[13:54] Marianne McCann Ya, I like the setup and layout. But once I join... then what
[13:55] Rand (rand.linden) Gentle, afaik it doesn't affect reg api
[13:55] Rand (rand.linden) The reg changes were just on the front end on
[13:55] Amanda Linden yeah, that's the part we need toget better marinanne, but hopefully the basic viewer helps.
[13:55] Amanda Linden with destination guide baked in
[13:55] Amanda Linden and more goodness on the way there.
[13:55] Marianne McCann Also, I think the username options are becoming... a less than optimal thing, as we start to see more XSaNdY23452 Residents about. But that' me
[13:55] Amanda Linden but, lots to do on NUE, for sure!
[13:56] Marianne McCann I think it does, Amanda. Definitely bubbles up the DG in some nice ways
[13:56] Adamburp Adamczyk amanda - visit boardroom infohub and see just how bad it is
[13:56] Gentle Heron I agree Marianne, those names are getting harder and harder to remember.
[13:56] Amanda Linden yeah, it's funny taht people are picking nonsensical nams.
[13:56] Amanda Linden names
[13:56] Marianne McCann Ya. And even with Display Names, there still is a need to rely on user.names. Particularly for the actual end user
[13:57] Peewee Musytari so hard to search them
[13:57] Amanda Linden good point.
[13:57] Void Singer /me nods @ Mari: yeah I'm seeing it too... there needs to be something in there that says "People can and will see the username you choose"
[13:57] Amanda Linden another great point.
[13:57] Lexie (lexie.linden) agreed
[13:57] Amanda Linden i'll take that back void.
[13:57] DogWomble Dollinger i'm just wondering, should there be something in the reg process that reminds people of the importance of picking a good name?
[13:57] Adamburp Adamczyk /me wants to use "captain underpants" as dispaly name, but is that ar-able?
[13:57] Marianne McCann Amanda . We saw that to some extent at AOL. It can be seen as a user frustration. After trying fifteen variables on "John," someone gives up and goes as nonsensical as they can, just to get past that step
[13:57] Peewee Musytari does it same username or userID on registration?
[13:57] Amanda Linden +1 dog...we need to make that clearer.
[13:58] Peewee Musytari they are more like Ids
[13:58] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler) /me wonders if Slicker Knickers would float
[13:58] Marianne McCann Part of the "people hate to wait" thing
[13:58] Amanda Linden ok, guys. i need to scoot out 2 mins early--to set up for next meeting....
[13:58] Peewee Musytari yeah they are like suggested by a computer names
[13:58] Amanda Linden the rest of the lindens can stay.
[13:58] Lisa Fossett must go too
[13:58] Marianne McCann Have fun, Amanda
[13:58] Amanda Linden thanks again for naother great session!
[13:59] Lexie (lexie.linden) Thanks for a great meeting. I need to go too
[13:59] DogWomble Dollinger yeah, i need to head off too
[13:59] DogWomble Dollinger damn works :P
[13:59] Adamburp Adamczyk whispers: communication.........
[13:59] Amanda Linden /me waves all around.
[13:59] Torben (torben.trautman) bye all
[13:59] DogWomble Dollinger /me waves to evryone
[13:59] Lexie (lexie.linden) Bye for now!
[13:59] Marianne McCann I need to zip as well. Got a machinima to shoot and an event to promote.
[13:59] Daniel Voyager bye! :)
[13:59] Marianne McCann Bye Bye!!
[13:59] Amanda Linden bye all
[13:59] Void Singer /me pops off: thanks for the updates
[13:59] Jeremy Linden My computer thinks my name should be 1001101101010110100111
[13:59] bee Baroque /me waves bye \o
[13:59] Dresden Ceriano lol
[13:59] Kennylex Luckless NUE, some slurs in wne welcome area sends new commer in to the water.
[13:59] Peewee Musytari good meeting all...ty amanda. lexie, rand, raymond, no particular order :))
[13:59] Eddi Decosta bye bye Jeremy see you later :)
[14:00] draconis.neurocam (draconis.neurocam) jeremy that comes out to ›V'
[14:00] Peewee Musytari ooh where is darrius? transcript from him
[14:00] Jeremy Linden Huh. Is that like a "mad Cylon" face?
[14:00] Peewee Musytari /me ** Loooooo00ooooooL **
[14:00] Dresden Ceriano well... later =)~

Community Tools User Group