Community Translation Project/Office Hours/2009 12 01

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


[13:02] Lexie Linden: It may be a smaller short meeting today. No "real" agenda. More of a catch up since we missed last week : )
[13:02] Lexie Linden: Hi Bolek ㋡
[13:03] Lexie Linden: How is everyone doing?
[13:03] BlckCobra Shikami: but I'll send you one when I have fixed that
[13:03] Youri Ashton: lol, ill wait till its finished then black :)
[13:03] Bolek Amat: Not too bad thanks.
[13:03] Slatan Dryke: excellent here
[13:03] Lexie Linden: Does anyone have any new projects or topics they wanted to mention today?
[13:04] Bolek Amat: I'd like to make a proposal to ban thanksgiving, in order to avoid missing meeting :)
[13:04] Lexie Linden: lol
[13:04] BlckCobra Shikami: LOL
[13:04] Lexie Linden: save some turkeys too!
[13:04] Youri Ashton: well, the dutch CG i talked about is atm on a halt basicly
[13:04] Slatan Dryke: glossary !
[13:04] Lexie Linden: ahh busy
[13:05] Lexie Linden: Hi link ㋡
[13:05] Youri Ashton: we did have 2 new residents join the team tho :)
[13:05] Youri Ashton: hey link
[13:05] Surfaqua Oh: coucou link
[13:05] BlckCobra Shikami: Hello link
[13:05] Slatan Dryke: link hello
[13:05] Lexie Linden: oh thats good Youri!
[13:05] link Kiranov: hello BlckCobra, Hello Lexie
[13:05] Lexie Linden: What was the glossary topic/question?
[13:05] link Kiranov: hello hello
[13:05] Youri Ashton: hey flemming
[13:05] Lexie Linden: great Youri ㋡
[13:05] Flemming Congrejo: Hi everone - sorry to be late
[13:05] Lexie Linden: Hi Flemming ㋡
[13:06] Slatan Dryke: well the italian team has some problem to translate many words
[13:06] BlckCobra Shikami: L$10 into the pot for being late LOL
[13:06] Slatan Dryke: example hair styles
[13:06] Slatan Dryke: without a picture
[13:06] Lexie Linden: Slatan, this is 2.0 project related?
[13:06] Youri Ashton: did the italian team have a private meeting for it?
[13:06] Slatan Dryke: yes
[13:06] Youri Ashton: deffo needs a private meeting :p
[13:06] Youri Ashton: not in here :)
[13:06] Lexie Linden: ok, please put the questions on that jira
[13:07] Slatan Dryke: ok apologise
[13:07] Lexie Linden: Correct, we cannot discuss 2.0 at this meeting, sorry!
[13:07] Lexie Linden: : )
[13:07] Slatan Dryke: my bad
[13:07] Lexie Linden: Yes, just let me know if anyone needs the region closed for a meeting like that
[13:07] Youri Ashton: we could talk freely inworld and solve some problems and see how far we were
[13:07] Slatan Dryke: we will have a meeting this week too
[13:07] Lexie Linden: We can make that happen
[13:07] Lexie Linden: ok
[13:08] Youri Ashton: think its wise for all teams to do that
[13:08] Lexie Linden: Agreed
[13:08] Lexie Linden: I have a little news
[13:08] Slatan Dryke: Slan hello
[13:08] Youri Ashton: lexie will close it down here so only your team can enter
[13:09] Youri Ashton: make sure you know what things you like to discuss in your team
[13:09] Youri Ashton: may solve problems
[13:09] Youri Ashton: oh fun lexie!
[13:09] Lexie Linden: : ))
[13:09] Bolek Amat: And unofficialy ?
[13:09] Zai Lynch: kewl :-) official launch means: blog post and it becomes some extra links somewhere?
[13:09] BlckCobra Shikami: nice
[13:09] Lexie Linden: Right Zai, Message of the day, blog, kiosks, banners
[13:10] Zai Lynch: wow, the whole parade ^^
[13:10] Lexie Linden: Lots of links, not all in place until maybe January
[13:10] Lexie Linden: But lots of PR
[13:10] Lexie Linden: So I will keep an eye on the language channels and see how the activity is in those
[13:10] Lexie Linden: I think it might pick up quite a bit...
[13:10] BlckCobra Shikami: Question: there are always a few (so fra not many) post which are eithe clear advertisement or not relted to the questions posted ... I see that some are removed ... but it often takes a day.
[13:11] BlckCobra Shikami: Will there be more Admins/Monitors?
[13:11] BlckCobra Shikami: also unclosed but answered stuff
[13:11] Lexie Linden: You can always let me know but yes, we are looking at having mods there
[13:11] Youri Ashton: I was btw thinking, everyone knows the xstreet boxes can deliver items to the customers. but why not modify such a box and use it other way around, having blog messages for example delivered inworld
[13:11] Lexie Linden: I know some threads are just hanging there, lots of replies but no "answer"
[13:11] Youri Ashton: gives another link to the blogs which currently is not read by everyone
[13:12] BlckCobra Shikami: if you pay the L$10 fee for those XStreet items, Youiri :P
[13:12] Lexie Linden: That might be something a mod can follow up on too
[13:12] Youri Ashton: same can work for sl wiki and other things
[13:12] Zai Lynch: o.O really? how was that notecard named?
[13:12] Youri Ashton: 10L$? its 99L$ for a freebie a month :p
[13:12] Youri Ashton: but thats not the thing i was talking about :)
[13:12] Lexie Linden: Interesting idea about the notifications
[13:13] Lexie Linden: Hi Tiamat ㋡
[13:13] Bolek Amat: I don't really remember, but I thik there was your name and wiki in it
[13:13] Youri Ashton: hey tia
[13:13] Tiamat Bingyi: hi LExie, hi everybody
[13:13] Tiamat Bingyi: youri :D
[13:13] Youri Ashton: lol :)
[13:13] Slatan Dryke: Tiamat hello
[13:13] BlckCobra Shikami: If SLAnswers picks up more traffic soon, trhere nned to be quicker reaction on moderation
[13:13] Tiamat Bingyi: Slatan ㋡ *waves*
[13:13] Zai Lynch: hm... i see in my mail that i sent you an offline reply a week ago
[13:13] Lexie Linden: Agreed Blck
[13:14] BlckCobra Shikami: not talking of censoring, but to keep te stuff in line
[13:14] Lexie Linden: Looking into that currently and pushing it : ))
[13:14] Zai Lynch: Hi Bolek :-) I suppose you're talking about Project:Languages, rather than the CT Project one? That is located at  :-)
[13:14] Bolek Amat: Yes, and I sent the NC about 2 days after, I think
[13:14] Lexie Linden: Zai, how is the wiki doing? Is there a big need for more translations now?
[13:15] Lexie Linden: I feel like there has been less activity in that area...or am I wrong?
[13:15] Youri Ashton: torley mentioned that there may be need soon
[13:15] Lexie Linden: ok
[13:15] Zai Lynch: hm... i don't seem to have that notecard... :-S tho I can right after the meeting when you give me the question again =)
[13:15] Bolek Amat: Ok. That's weird I didn't get your answer. Thx for the link anyway
[13:15] Zai Lynch: yeah there are fewer people... or hardly any activity at all besides some japanese translations
[13:16] Zai Lynch: i guess the CT project consumed all translators
[13:16] Bolek Amat: Well the question was about the link, and you just answered it. So it's fine.
[13:16] Lexie Linden: The wiki is such a good resource to keep current and translated
[13:16] Zai Lynch: ah ok :-)
[13:17] Lexie Linden: Maybe I can try to shine a light on that since it is a great place for anyone who is bilingual to participate in localization
[13:17] BlckCobra Shikami: in context of the wiki
[13:17] Bolek Amat: We did "motivate" (understand torture) Noelle so she should give us some work really soon :)
[13:17] Youri Ashton: karin is coming
[13:17] Lexie Linden: I can add a better link for it from the Volunteers Blog
[13:17] Lexie Linden: lol Bolek
[13:17] Youri Ashton: hey karin :)
[13:17] Zai Lynch: yeah that would be kewl :-) maybe point people to Project:Languages since that link isn't as prominent anymore
[13:18] Slatan Dryke: Karin hello
[13:18] Lexie Linden: ok, will do Zai
[13:18] Karin Redgrave: hi, sorry i am late
[13:18] Tiamat Bingyi: hihi KArin ㋡
[13:18] Lexie Linden: Yes, search could be better Blck..I agree
[13:18] Bolek Amat: Wiki is fine, but it also have a great dowside.
[13:18] Lexie Linden: Hi Karin ㋡
[13:19] Lexie Linden: I think wiki is fairly easy to learn to use for the basics. That might be a page we want to promote.
[13:19] Boroondas Gupte: What downside do you have in mind, Bolek?
[13:20] Bolek Amat: I think the Lindens involved in the localization of the client should verify the wiki, and lock the pages that are already translated.
[13:20] Lexie Linden: great
[13:20] BlckCobra Shikami: the basics of the wiki are easy, but it demands a lot from you if you want to translate something and be in conformance with the gueidelines
[13:20] link Kiranov: yes Bolek
[13:20] Lexie Linden: Only pages that get locked in the main space of public wiki are "official" type pages
[13:20] BlckCobra Shikami: at least for those who do not work with it daily
[13:20] Lexie Linden: It is suppose to be accessible to all
[13:21] Bolek Amat: I know Lexie, and that's the downside of it.
[13:21] Lexie Linden: I think if we make it harder to get in there and try...we will have even less help keeping it updated
[13:21] Zai Lynch: yeah agreed
[13:21] Bolek Amat: Quality over quantity ?
[13:21] Zai Lynch: tho the "official" translations are locked anyway
[13:21] BlckCobra Shikami: it's already pretty hard to comply with all the guidelines
[13:21] Tiamat Bingyi: mmhmm
[13:22] Bolek Amat: Ok then
[13:22] Lexie Linden: Yes, quality comes from many eyes on something I think? Review is a key part of any article or translation
[13:22] Lexie Linden: So participation is key...the more eyes the better.
[13:22] Bolek Amat: I agree with this
[13:23] Youri Ashton: if "official" meens done by RL translator companies, then no worries. if not, then they should be reviewed by the CT teams first before getting locked
[13:23] Lexie Linden: I will make sure that the wiki gets some spotlight. Then we can watch and see how the activity goes
[13:23] Youri Ashton: let's not just post something that may not be a good translation
[13:23] Zai Lynch: with "official" i meant any KB translation provided by the CT project
[13:24] Youri Ashton: you may perhaps even end up insulting people even if its not mend to do so
[13:24] Lexie Linden: Right Youri, locked translated pages would have been reviewed by someone on the localization team
[13:24] Youri Ashton: or you will make a mistake so people laugh hard about it making the poster taken less siriously
[13:25] link Kiranov: who Lexie ?
[13:25] Bolek Amat: Ok Lexie, so in fact it IS checked then ?
[13:25] Zai Lynch: I think you need to distinguish the KB articles in the Wiki from the rest... the rest is resident created and even the English article can hold false information. no point to lock a translation when the original is already flawed
[13:25] Lexie Linden: If it is locked in the main area of wiki..that would because it was looked at by a Linden, yes
[13:26] Lexie Linden: agreed Zai
[13:26] BlckCobra Shikami: yes, Zai
[13:26] Bolek Amat: Ok, this is fine for me then :)
[13:26] Youri Ashton: okay, then thats atleast good :p
[13:26] Lexie Linden: I know even locked information can use updates. Information changes and evolves in SL...often
[13:26] Lexie Linden: lol
[13:26] link Kiranov: when can we continue to translate all new KB ??
[13:27] Youri Ashton: i occasionally try to make translations on wiki better as well, damn google translator just gets most things wrong
[13:27] BlckCobra Shikami: "evolves" is a good word choice
[13:27] Lexie Linden: : ))
[13:27] BlckCobra Shikami: so nicely neutral :-)
[13:28] Lexie Linden: Any other topics today?
[13:28] Youri Ashton: hmmm... well... i did notice some things on the 2.0 page
[13:28] Youri Ashton: euhm... ramzi
[13:29] Youri Ashton: could you check the html file i uploaded to jira?
[13:29] Youri Ashton: there should be reports on for things i found double
[13:29] Bolek Amat: Youri, you have a special hour to talk about 2.0, please use it.
[13:29] Ramzi Linden: Oh, sure Youri. I saw that you uploaded it.
[13:29] Youri Ashton: besides, its a locked jira :p
[13:30] Youri Ashton: as long as ramzi knows what i mean :p
[13:30] Lexie Linden: I think we are done for today. I'm glad you could make the meeting. Hopefully we will have more information on things to work on before too much longer!
[13:30] Tiamat Bingyi:
[13:30] Youri Ashton: dont mind for the non translated words tho, the dutch team picks that up
[13:31] Boroondas Gupte: is it still possible to join the 2.0 translation effort?
[13:31] Youri Ashton: just the double things in there needs to be checked to be sure

Generated with SLog Wikifier