From Second Life Wiki
|LSL Portal||Functions | Events | Types | Operators | Constants | Flow Control | Script Library | Categorized Library | Tutorials|
- Mathematically the formula for vector magnitude is
llSqrt(vec.x * vec.x + vec.y * vec.y + vec.z * vec.z)
- Knowing this, there are ways to circumvent llVecMag for more efficient code.
- vec*vec < 16.0 is over twice as fast as llVecMag(vec) < 4.0.
- vec*vec < (dist*dist) is about twice as fast as llVecMag(vec) < dist.
- This can work in many other ways, too, with other comparisons.
function float llVecMag( vector vec );
This article wasn't helpful for you? Maybe the related article at the LSL Wiki is able to bring enlightenment.