LSL Portal Guidelines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|LSL Portal||Functions | Events | Types | Operators | Constants | Flow Control | Script Library | Categorized Library | Tutorials|
This page is to define and describe the specific editing and posting Guidelines for the LSL Wiki Portal.
About The LSL Portal
- "To provide accurate documentation for the scripting language of Second Life: LSL"
- "To provide documentation to help scripters of all skill levels."
- LSL Editing Primer - Information about templates and syntax.
- LSL Category Style - Used for categorizing groups of LSL functions and other Tables of Contents.
- LSL Function Style - Used for the full specification of all LSL functions.
- LSL Topic Style - Used for topics of interest related to using LSL (XML-RPC, quaternions, etc).
- LSL Constants Style - Used for documenting constants.
- Pages specific to the running of the LSL portal or category pages should be prefixed with 'LSL '.
- All other existing pages documenting LSL with the LSL prefix are to be moved out of the LSL prefix unless other arrangements have been agreed upon.
- Questions should be posted on talk/discussion pages and signed (use
-- ~~~~to sign comments).
- Before posting a feature suggestion on the wiki check to see if it has been suggested on Jira first.
- When posting a script if it is a complete script, it should compile without error and be fully functional or marked otherwise. Code fragments should compile if properly installed into a script (no internal errors in the code fragments).
- Scripts that are posted should have a consistent style through out the script; whitespace consistency is important.
- Modern web browsers come with or have available spell checkers. All content should be spell checked before being posted.