User talk:Ideia Boa
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to my discussion page =)
If you want to leave a comment / start a discussion, please operate as follows:
- Press the edit button on top of the page.
- Scroll down and start a new topic using: == Name of the topic ==
- Write what you want me to know and then sign it with four tildes: ~~~~ (or the signature button ). These will automatically be converted into your username and a timestamp.
- Preview the page and save it if you're comfortable with it. Make sure to click the "Watch this page" button 'cause i'll answer your question / discuss your topic in here so everyone can follow the discussion and don't have to click from one talk page to the next to be able to keep track.
- If you want to answer to a persons posting you can scroll behind the posting, hit enter to start a new line and begin it with a colon. It will be displayed as an intended line then.
- If you want to answer to an answer, please write multiple colons in the beginning of the line.
- If I made a contribution at your discussion page, please answer there. I'll surely read it.
- Happy editing :-)
from Torley Linden
Ideia, I just noticed you helped to translate the Video Tutorials page into Portuguese! I wish I could speak Portuguese, and since I cannot, I must THANK YOU! :) - Torley on 2008-03-24 @ 11:52 AM PST
- Tank you, yes I speak Portuguese, I'm Portuguese and I hope to help translating your video Tutorials. ;)
if you view the instructions on Procedure to Create a Translation Page, you'll see that the tags're permitted only in the original english page, not in the translations:
- Now copy everything on the edit page except the bottom of the page tags. Tags will have a set of brackets around words. Click on "Save page."
there's no problem that you or anyone modify any page, provided you follow the rules laid down
kind regards —The preceding unsigned comment was added on 16:47, 26 June 2008 by Eva Nowicka
- Sowwie for putting my oar in ^_^
- So yes, the Mentor Linguist Scribe Translation Project asks to get rid of the categories at a translated page. This guideline was taken from Project:Languages as far as I know. This project is a Resident/community driven project. I think that the guideline is in need for a revise. So yes, it isn't a good style to add a translated page to an English category. It clutters the category... But there would be (at least) two ways which would make sense. These are:
- Add the article to a new category which has the name of the old category + the appropriate language code. This is done by the LSL Portal Translation Project. For example: Category:LSL Functions, Category:LSL Functions/de, Category:LSL Functions/fr, etc.
- Create a translation of the category (like Category:Tutorien <- this would be German for "Category:Tutorials"), create a categorized page with the translated articlename that redirects to ARTICLENAME/languagecode. In this example the page would be named Video Tutorien and it would redirect to Video Tutorials/de.
- I would tend to think that the second version is better for the community then the first version, since people would not need to search for the English keyword of the article they are looking for. But they would see links in their native language. It is up to us to change the guidelines in Project:Languages. I would like to see some kind of inworld meeting with anyone interested in this... either at Lexie Lindens office hour or at a suggested Wiki inworld meeting. I'm also fine with a discussion at Project_talk:Languages...
- Greetz, --Zai Lynch(talk|contribs) 10:42, 26 June 2008 (PDT)
- Having it placed in multiple talk pages turns the discussion into a lil chaotic endeavour but it's fun ^_^
- So quoting myself: I'll check back availability times of some people and announce a Wiki meeting for translation-guideline-related discussions for in about two weeks. I'll send you an inworld notecard / IM to let you know. =)
- Greetz, Zai Lynch(talk|contribs) 21:44, 26 June 2008 (PDT)
- The InWorld meeting will be at Thursday, July 10th, 7am SLT in Tenera, Volunteer HQ (208, 83, 70). An agenda is listed at Project:Languages/Meeting Agenda. Hope you can make it =).
- Greetz, Zai Lynch(talk|contribs) 05:29, 6 July 2008 (PDT)