From Second Life Wiki
Function: llWhisper( integer channel, string msg );
Whispers the text supplied in string msg on channel supplied in integer channel.
|| output channel, any integer value
|| message to be transmitted
| Channel Constant
||Chat channel reserved for script debugging and error messages.
||Chat channel that broadcasts to all nearby users.
- Messages sent on PUBLIC_CHANNEL and DEBUG_CHANNEL are throttled to a rate of <200/10sec, per region, per owner/user.
- Once the rate is exceeded, all following messages on PUBLIC_CHANNEL or DEBUG_CHANNEL will be dropped until the send rate is again below 200/2sec for the previous 2 sec. Dropped messages, despite being dropped still count against the limit.
- Text can be a maximum of 1024 bytes. This can convey 1024 ASCII characters, or 512 UTF-8 characters such as á
- Whispers can only be heard within 10 meters of the speaking prim (rather than the root). This is contrary to how listens work, where a message can only be heard by any prim in the object if and only if the root prim is capable of hearing it.
- A prim can not hear itself, this to prevent problems with recursion. It can however hear other prims within the same object.
~ Search JIRA for related Bugs