From Second Life Wiki
Function: llSetObjectName( string name );
Sets the prim's name according to the name parameter.
If this function is called from a child prim in a linked set, it will change the name of the child prim and not the root prim.
- The name is limited to 63 characters. Longer prim names are cut short.
- Names can only consist of the 95 printable characters found in the ASCII-7 (non-extended) character set.
- Non-ASCII characters will be replaced with two question marks ("??").
- While an object is attached, the script cannot change the name of the object as it appears in the user's inventory.
- Changes to the name of the root prim (with llSetObjectName for example) will not be saved to inventory; when the attachment is detached (to inventory, not dropped) this name change is discarded and the name in inventory is used instead.
- When attachment is dropped (to the ground) and taking it into inventory, the inventory item will have the new name (not the old).
- Changes to the names of child prims will be saved back to inventory when the object is detached to inventory. They survive detachment.
~ Search JIRA for related Bugs
|| SL limits and constrictions