From Second Life Wiki
|LSL Portal||Functions | Events | Types | Operators | Constants | Flow Control | Script Library | Categorized Library | Tutorials|
- If UUID or it is not a sound then an error is shouted on DEBUG_CHANNEL. is missing from the prim's inventory and it is not a
- If UUID then there are no new asset permissions consequences for the object.
- The resulting object develops no new usage restrictions that might have occurred if the asset had been placed in the prims inventory.
- A call to llPlaySound replaces any other sound (so that only one sound can be played at the same time from the same prim), except sounds started with the deprecated llSound which always plays sound files till the end.
- Sound files must be 10 seconds or shorter.
- If the object playing the sound is a HUD, the sound is only heard by the user the HUD is attached to.
- To play a sound inworld from a HUD use llTriggerSound.
- It is impossible to play two (or more) sounds at the same time and have them start playing at exactly the same time ~
- If multiple sound emitters play the same exact sound within range of the viewer at the same time, they are usually not in sync due to latency between the server/client and script execution & communication delays. This can produce echos, odd resonance, and other strange effects that you (probably) do not want.
This article wasn't helpful for you? Maybe the related article at the LSL Wiki is able to bring enlightenment.