Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Currently topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- How far is the progress to fully support collada 1.4.1 ? I only use the official v3, but my meshes exported from 3dsMax2012 make problems (uploader shows higher triangle-count than the model has, texures (different faces/material IDs) is not working. (Marielle Caerndow)
- I still can't upload my Collada file which have single texture. and CTS-813 is gone. I modifyed my node-ID but I can't upload it. I use viewer 3.0.6(241391) [Yuzuru Jewell]
- Will autoreturn ever be switched back on on the Aditi mesh sandboxes? [Drongle]
- Is anything exciting happening? [Drongle]
- The rigged mesh is shown as a huge ball by 1.X viewer. Please make it small to the size of Avatar The issue is not viewer but SIM server. Otherwise, the landowner of Viewer1.X will BAN Avatar which wore the rigged mesh. [Yuzuru Jewell]
- SH-2374 (Rigged Mesh Deformer) has been deferred from Sprint 28 to "Someday/Maybe". Could you give us the overall priority/status of making attached mesh conform to all avatar appearance sliders? If making attachments fit is being addressed some other way, please point us to where [DanielRavenNest Noe]
- Re. SH-2374, the idea of a privately funded solution (i.e. kickstarter) has been suggested and is being considered. If such a thing were to move forward, would you be willing to work with such a project to expedite the process, through the snowstorm devs or other avenue, and if so, to what extent? (Maxwell Graf)
- CTS transition - Fate of CTS jiras. I saw this messgae on one of my CTS jiras "Please enter your Mesh related bug in project "1. Second Life Viewer - VWR" and set the Component to "Mesh". Thank you!". Does this mean they will be eliminated unless we re-enter them? Is there a way of doing this that will preserver comments etc? (Drongle McMahon)
- I noticed that SH-2435 was marked resolved although the problem remains (albeit not the SL uploader's fault). In another jira, it was mentioned that an extra option could be added to the the SL uploader to counter the Blender 2.5x rotation issue for joint offsets. Is this still being considered? [Ashasekayi Ra]
- Sample agenda item [SL name]
Charlar Linden, Nyx Linden, and Runitai Linden. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31